The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM
LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY

Recurring elements in my dreams:

- Bridges leading directly into a City
- Rivers, lakes, seas, etc., often with trees or buildings poking out of the surface of the water
- Mountains, cliffs
- Driving a car (from the wrong part of the vehicle)
- Godzilla-sized monsters, and trying to escape from them
- Fleamarkets, toy stores, etc., with a huge selection of exotic vintage toys that are either very cheap or very expensive
- Visiting my favorite toy dealer at the fleamarket (who is different every time)
- Houses and neighborhoods where I've lived, mashed up with other houses and neighborhoods where I've lived
- The ability to hover a few inches off the ground
- Being shot at and killed or injured
- Loud arguments
- Running on all fours
- Urban decay
- Having to fight, and being unable to punch/strike/run
- Being in a battle, and my weapons are imaginary, and I'm hoping the enemy knows I'm pretending to shoot at them so they can take damage
- Music that occasionally carries into wakefulness for a short time
- Meeting a famous person
Old 02-10-2017, 10:20 AM
hi there

I dreamed that the chandelier in my house fell and everyone was like god, it's about time

(due to Things from like twelve years ago, our chandelier has been hanging by like two wires for a long time; of the ~20 lightbulbs on the thing, two of them work)
Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
(due to Things from like twelve years ago, our chandelier has been hanging by like two wires for a long time)
Um... maybe do something about that???
Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 PM
hi there

Shrug. It's fine, aside from my dreams.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
The eel dreams continue. At first, it was because I was, in my dream, playing a version of Super Mario 64 in which any body of water larger than Mario's size had an eel in it, hiding in a wall-hole like in the second Jolly Roger Bay mission (or at the bottom of Deep Dark Galaxy in SMG1), and needed to be killed because there was a switch behind it. Which, y'know, fair enough.

Then I dreamed I was not in the game but this rule about water and eels still held, so I saw a deep pothole by the sidewalk I was walking on, and a giant fucking eel jumped out and tried to chase me but because it was an eel it didn't so much chase me as flop around a bit before it died from not being in the water

Anyway that was a particularly weird fucking dream
muteKi, this thread isn't called "I EEL ASLEEP".

Wait... You can't spell FEEL or ASLEEP without EEL so I retract my previous statement.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:47 AM
whatever it takes

Zombie apocalypse. During a chaotic melee, a zombie managed to get his teeth onto my bare arm for a split second before I yanked it away. Did that count? He didn't break the skin but there's kind of a little red mark. Maybe I'm okay. I probably shouldn't tell anyone about this... Oh no, I'm that guy!!
Old 02-14-2017, 12:07 PM
HP 50/150 █████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Neighbour was playing loud-ass butt rock for hours while I was trying to sleep some stress off. I ended up dreaming about struggling to get the phone working long enough to call the building manager and complain.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:20 AM

Had to take a taxi home from a nearby shopping center where everyone was buying reissue Transformers and gundam kits in enormous boxes. The taxi driver had a huge stack of DVDs in his back seat. We somehow walked through my house before he dropped me off. A racist guy in my neighborhood tried to pee on the driver, but peed on my brother instead.

I've never ridden in a taxi.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:59 AM
so exciting!

I dreamed I fell asleep in a food court.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Serial Thread Killer

Had a horrific nightmare just now of me being a kid in my old bedroom in the dead of night, a woman appearing in the room, ripping my heart out, and eating it in front of me. She forced me to watch.

I could feel it. It was bloody. It was not fun.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:19 AM
MEGADRIVE OVERDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isrieri View Post
Had a horrific nightmare just now of me being a kid in my old bedroom in the dead of night, a woman appearing in the room, ripping my heart out, and eating it in front of me. She forced me to watch.

I could feel it. It was bloody. It was not fun.
That's awful, and horrifying, and I'm sorry such an awful dream happened

but
all I can think of
is
"FATALITY!"
Old 02-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Safe Space

Last night I dreamed I was reading Marvel Comics' Inferno, a storyline I have never actually read, so it was about aliens who were invading the Earth... and their weakness was that they were intoxicated from eating moldy bread.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

I had this quick fever-dream like flash earlier today of a middle school girl going to school with her backpack on her back and carrying a chainsaw in her left hand.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Safe Space

I had a stressful dream about Talking Time. I was doing The Top 50 Action Figures list, but for some reason people were shipping me action figures in the mail. I couldn't remember if I was supposed to review them individually or send them to other people (because maybe it was also an action figure exchange?), but I couldn't find anything in my PM list. I was afraid people were going to get mad, then I accidentally broke one of the more fragile figures and that just made things worse...
Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 AM

I had a dream about one of my IRL friends. Her clique had gotten fed up with her and decided to cast a spell on her that sealed her in a tapestry (marked with nothing but a letter that kinda looked like "P"). Then they finished the spell by performing La Louche with some absinthe.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Doin' up the house

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I got my driver's license by driving a go-kart over a snowy staircase and doing stunts in it. There was a chase camera.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Safe Space

Last night I dreamed I was watching the DCAU Justice League cartoon, and it was this weird episode where Lex Luthor had built a bomb, but instead of exploding, it unfolded into a new space station. His plan was to have governments and organizations fight over it, because no one could decide who it belonged to, being in space.

There was also a subplot of this story, where this alien showed up without a home. He looked like a fat blue elf with locs, and called himself "Do-Gooder Jones." In case you hadn't guessed, everyone decides to give Do-Gooder Jones the new space station so he can build it into an amusement park.

Do-Gooder Jones was voiced by Ernest Borgnine.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:39 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trar View Post
A couple of nights ago I dreamed I got my driver's license by driving a go-kart over a snowy staircase and doing stunts in it. There was a chase camera.
Wow... Your dream world so pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Büge View Post
Last night I dreamed I was watching the DCAU Justice League cartoon, and it was this weird episode where Lex Luthor had built a bomb, but instead of exploding, it unfolded into a new space station. His plan was to have governments and organizations fight over it, because no one could decide who it belonged to, being in space.

There was also a subplot of this story, where this alien showed up without a home. He looked like a fat blue elf with locs, and called himself "Do-Gooder Jones." In case you hadn't guessed, everyone decides to give Do-Gooder Jones the new space station so he can build it into an amusement park.

Do-Gooder Jones was voiced by Ernest Borgnine.
So are cartoons in Büge's dream world.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:38 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Was hanging out at a pub with my friends, a ton of whom had come home from abroad for March Break, when more and more friends kept pouring in. Felt a tap on my shoulder, and after an awkward exchange I made up with an estranged high school buddy who had been my best friend in high school. Then the crew from Shut Up and Sit Down (board game website) showed up and I was working up the nerve to go over and say hi, when I had to duck out and go get some money from an ATM. I got my money, but then I couldn't find my way back to the pub. I ran around the city, rushing through unknown streets and buildings, getting increasingly frantic and upset as the evening was wearing on and I was missing the party...

And then I woke up feeling stressed and sad... and late for work.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Is there not one thing

Dreamed I got a facebook messenger notice that my sister had been shot, and was trading messages back and forth with people to confirm that she was okay and in surgery. Kept waking up certain that the dream was reality, and never really shook that feeling until I got up for work.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Safe Space

Strange dream last night. I can only remember parts of it. I recall being some kind of lawyer, but I don't remember what my case was, only that my opponent was some guy in a t-shirt with a moustache and glasses. I think he was acting as his own lawyer? I do know that his case was pathetic and frivolous.

Anyway, I wanted to publically apologize to Kylie if I somehow psychically intruded on her subconscious.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:29 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

I was at work and the ops manager told myself and his secretary/assistant to head to another office in the same building to pick up the tickets we needed to get to the corporation's moon base. I followed the secretary since she seemed to know where she was going, and I started thinking - we don't call it the moon base, we're supposed to always call it the lunar facility. Why's he talking in code? That's when the pieces fell into place - the moon base was a safe house and my employers were planning to cause an apocalypse so that they, as the only large organization who had been ready for it, would be in a position to rule the world afterward.

This was terribly upsetting until I realized it was being ripped off from something I'd read or seen in a movie - the whole thing had a serious Phillip K. Dick/William Gibson vibe. As the secretary and I picked up our tickets, I explained what was happening to her and she told me she'd been in on it for a while and that I should be happy to be picked as one of the company's Designated Survivors and the future ruling class without having been a collaborator in the end of the world.

At this point I should have tried to warn people about the upcoming apocalypse or kept my mouth shut and been happy as one of the new corporate aristocracy, but instead I felt the need to point out that none of our future serfs would take her seriously as a supervisor.

Her: "What? Why not? If [supervisor] can do it, anyone can!"

Me: "Yeah, but he started on the floor so at least he knows what the work here is."

Then I turned my back on her and she wrapped her hand around my throat and started poking something into my neck. I thought to myself, "That just feels like her finger," grabbed her hand, dragged it into view, verified she had nothing in her hand, laughed, and released her. She then grabbed my neck and poking her finger into it again and I realized, if this is a William Gibson novel, she probably has extendable razor blades under her nail or poisoned nail polish or something. I instantly dropped into pants-shitting mortal terror and started screaming internally, "The dream is FUBAR abort abort WAKE UP"

And I did. And I wrote down the dream quickly, and went back to sleep, and could still that woman's finger digging into my neck when I got up for work a few hours later. I'm still half certain the plotline was ripped off from something I read decades ago from Dick, Gibson, Vonnegut, or someone similar.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:20 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

I got a new job and I was walking through a neighborhood to scout apartments. They were all pretty nice little two-story buildings with all external access, except for one thing: no guard rails anywhere. Stairs, balconies, aboveground walkways, all totally unprotected. Once I noticed that, I became really unsettled.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 PM
who's she

I had a movie-like dream where I was in some kind of nature cult being hunted by scary government agents on the one hand, and alien brainwashers on the other. I woke up in the middle of a cliffhanger, as I usually do with these types of dreams.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Outraged!

I had a dream last night that I went bowling.

I'd say 75% of the dream was a quest to find a pair of loaner socks that would fit because I was apparently barefoot. There was a big cardboard box of socks that people were rummaging through. That was gross.

Oh and once I made it to my lane, my ball morphed into a moldy skull and I looked towards the pins to find that the alley had changed into some sort of gladiator battlefield that I and the other bowlers were watching from platforms high above the arena. I think my job was to throw the skulls as a distraction? There were also holes around the field with point values. I had a flight to catch so I threw one skull and left. I hope it wasn't expensive, I don't think I got my money's worth.

Why did I need bowling shoes, thunderdome bowling alley?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:32 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

jpfriction dream bowling : pretty f'ing hardcore
Old 06-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Safe Space

I can't remember most of what I dreamed except Deadpool having a race with Wolverine to see who can shovel a path first across a frozen, snow-covered lake.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:51 AM
Man of Tomorrow Afternoon

In my dream, I was apparently in the White House (which felt a bit more like my grandparents old place) and Donald Trump died in bed. For some reason, I was tasked with telling the world in an official capacity. I tried to decline because of my liberal views, perhaps afraid it would look like I'm honouring him. The guy who told me to do it (who seemed like a nice guy) basically said "we're all nice guys behind closed doors". This is deeply untrue and apparently the irony was completely lost on me in his specific case so I said "OK".

I needed to remember his "one accomplishment" which was an honourary award from the Holocaust Museum. I actually was aware of the irony here, considering his bedfellows, but I couldn't remember the exact wording of the award, so I was scrambling for a piece of paper that had that info on it (which looked like a barely completed D & D character sheet) and my tablet (so I could film my message and send it to the Internets.)

Interestingly, while I took no glee in my dream, I did feel the world was going to be better off, mostly because I didn't dream of the line of succession that exists in the real world.

Tags
dreams , physiology , psychology , sleep