The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about music and podcast

Old 08-16-2017, 01:35 PM
is Earnest

Written & Storyboarded by the imcomprable Steve Wolfhard, music by Leslie Wolfhard, animated by Matt Everton, voiced by Griffin McElroy.

The adorable disaster aspect is such a Steve Wolfhard thing, but Griffin's voice brings a lot to it.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Mystery Contraption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Calling it now; the Void Fish are going to go all Super Metroid on this business before it ends.
Well, I was wrong, it was Earthbound
Old 08-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I feel like the current arc is a misstep too. TAZ is extremely popular because the characters are super funny and goofy, but Griffin seems to think it's because everyone wants to know more about the macguffins and generic evil force he created. And it really does't matter what format it takes, but the players seem less interested in what's going on, which detracts from the show.
Ooof, yeah, I'm just catching up on The Stolen Century now (which is what this post was in reference to), and this 100%. It is a friggin' slog. I'm tempted to just skip it entirely.

TAZ is starting to remind me of, of all things, Sluggy Freelance, in that it is a goofy thing that decided it wanted to be serious, and is thus tonally schizophrenic as it switches back and forth, and it's trying to come up with twists and backstory that were obviously written well after the fact but trying very much to pretend as if they weren't. Like, I'm currently listening to fucking sad classical music play over a love story involving two NPCs that I could not possibly give two shits about, one of whom began life with a joke about jeans and the other of which is named after a food pun. It's just entirely unearned. I hope that whatever they have planned after this current campaign goes back to the goofs, or else I'm out.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:22 AM
is Earnest

Good news- it gets way better. I don't know if the stolen century was totally justified, but it does pay off and the show returns to D&D and gives the boys more to do. They do a great job with the last few episodes of the series, so it's worth sticking with it.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Bob

I mean I agreed at first, but it gave the show more weight than it had any right to have, and I ended up being endeared to it more. It does start out pretty sloggy, though, but trust in the Griffin.

Finale spoilers:
I was a little bit disappointed by the finale, but I think it did a good enough job wrapping everything up. But I do think that, like JBear is saying,
trying to do turn something funny into something serious kind of made the ending feel a little unjustified, albeit heartwarming and nice.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:45 AM
Mystery Contraption

Fortunately(?) most of Stolen Century can be safely ignored without affecting your understanding of the plot whatsoever. Only the first and last chapters, as well as the one where Merle has a series of interviews with The Hunger have any significance.

Inwouldnt skip the Beach Party episode either.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Mystery Contraption

The most recent Bros Better-Bros Best has one of my favourite bits one the entire run of the show, but it doesn't have my single favourite parts of it.

]Pours one out for Travis' theatre-sobs at the fate of Frosty the Snowman
Old 09-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Peter Parker's Webcam

The Danny DeVito bust mentioned in the Boston live show (372):

mother of god
I don't fucking believe it but
just put a fucking long tail on the back of his head and you'll see it
Old 09-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Mystery Contraption

Nonononononononononononoooooooo
Old 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Peter Parker's Webcam

WHY DOTH THE UNIVERSE DEEM IT FIT TO MOCK ME SO

Tags
boys , deals warlock , em bam bam , great job! , hail and well met , hamilton , just like bart , munch squad , peepums nastygum , the money zone , twentyserpentine , unless... , vore , what's up you cool baby , yahoo answers