The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 04-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Safe Space

Data gets lots of screen time in Season 7. "Thine Own Self" is pretty good, but then it's followed by "Masks"...
Old 04-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Mystery Contraption

I've said often that getting Brent Spiner to dress/act like a nincompoop is the key to Great Star Trek, but damned if Masks isn't sitting there, proving me wrong.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Space dad

Masaka is waking!
Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Your life is forfeit

"Chain of Command":

- That was very good.
- Captain Jellico was Dick Jones in RoboCop, and just a plain ol' dick here.
- I assume they kept casting David Warner in better and better alien roles as an apology for putting him in Star Trek V.
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM
For Great Apollo Justice

Between CoC and Lower Decks, it seems as though they were addressing a lot of complaints fans had about the show (EG, "why is Troi allowed to dress like that?")

Peter David basically adopted Jellico in his Trek novels after the fact. He came up with a good spin on him: his mentor was someone who told him tales of how Kirk would submit bullshit reports just to fuck with Starfleet Command (EG, Space Abraham Lincoln), and so he determined that the sensible officers had to work extra hard to make up for it.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Safe Space

I just watched "Devil's Due," and I had an idea.

A Dirty Dozen-style spinoff of this episode, and others like it, starring a group of criminals that had been apprehended by the Enterprise and on DS9: Ardra from this episode, Berlinghoff Rasmussen from "A Matter of Time", Martus Mazur from DS9's "Rivals", etc. They'd get recruited by Starfleet Intelligence (or Section 31) to do dirty work that Starfleet officers couldn't, in exchange for pardons.

I don't think anything's been done like, this, but I could be wrong. There's nothing on Memory Alpha (or Beta) to that effect.

Tags
anomaly , fascinating , four lights , get the cheese to sickbay , gold-pressed latinum , i'm sensing hostility , it's a faaaake! , khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan , live long and prosper , lt. barclay , no it's real!!! , o'brien's shoulder , octo-good , resistance is futile , reverse the polarity , science fiction , shaka when the walls fell , shut up wesley , star trek , tachyon , temba his arms wide , the punishment zone , there is one bridge! , welshy!!!! , wesley crusher