The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 07-19-2017, 04:14 AM
Dinger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bigman View Post
What's a fun, involving board game to play with two to three people who only know how to play Sorry! and Clue?
The suggestions already given are quite good, but I'll through in Hey! That's My Fish. It's a fun little spatial reasoning game about penguins grabbing fish off sinking ice flows. It's quick to play and dead simple ( I think I could explain the rules in a single tweet) but has a nice amount of strategy and decision making. Also, you can probably pick it up for like $15.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 AM
Yes, let's feast!

If you want to try before you buy (or if you are not R.R. and you want to play board games in your browser), I recommend Board Game Arena, where you can play over 100 games for free in either turn-based or real-time.

When you sign up for the first time, they'll take you through a tutorial of Can't Stop, which I think someone may have recommended for you. It's a short, fun dice game. Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride are also available there.

If anyone wants to play anything with me, I'm also Mogri over there. I've been playing a lot of Through the Ages, but I'll try anything as long as it's turn-based.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 AM
LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
The suggestions already given are quite good, but I'll through in Hey! That's My Fish. It's a fun little spatial reasoning game about penguins grabbing fish off sinking ice flows. It's quick to play and dead simple ( I think I could explain the rules in a single tweet) but has a nice amount of strategy and decision making. Also, you can probably pick it up for like $15.
Absolutely agree. This game is fantastic. The pieces are also adorable.

I'll also parrot the suggestions of Carcassonne. Love that one. Better with fewer people.

Splendor is another one that is simple to play, cheap, addicting, and best with 2-3 players.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:23 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Another thing to recommend Carcassonne is that there's no hidden information, and everyone can communally discuss how to play each tile while learning the game.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Family Man

I'll definitely also check out Hey! That's My Fish!

Lots of good recommendations here. Thanks everyone!

Tags
afk , bard games , board dames , board games , board james , broad games , dice , face to face , penalty for being board , tabletop games , traditional games , wait whose turn is it