The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 10-07-2017, 06:10 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfroog View Post
This is false, and a lie. There's no sensor bar, for one thing, and nothing about any of the games i've played suggests there's an accelerometer. Pretty sure there's just a gyro.

Deeply regrettable, because Twilight Princess for Wii had the most enjoyable projectile weapons in the whole series.
You're right about the IR emitter and sensor bar, but conveniently, Skyward Sword doesn't use them. I didn't realize that the accelerometer in a joycon wasn't as good as the one in a Wii Remote+, though.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Inherently Stealthy

Pretty sure it’s actually better...
Old 10-15-2017, 08:53 AM
concern troll

So after several failed attempts, the trial if swords is just Not For Me. It just doesn't jive with how I like to play the game.

Now, there IS the seed of a potentially really fun Rogue-lite there. If the floors were randomized and there was more of a loot game (including some freaking armor drops!) I'd be more interested in learning it. But repeatedly getting pancaked by a moblin or something 10 floors in makes me really not want to replay the first few floors again.

On the other hand, Master Mode is REALLY fun. I already played the game stealthy and this really ups that feeling. I wish the enemies weren't quite so tanky, but I'm excited to get more use out of my endgame weapon inventory
Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 AM
one zero zero one SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
So after several failed attempts, the trial if swords is just Not For Me. It just doesn't jive with how I like to play the game.

Now, there IS the seed of a potentially really fun Rogue-lite there. If the floors were randomized and there was more of a loot game (including some freaking armor drops!) I'd be more interested in learning it. But repeatedly getting pancaked by a moblin or something 10 floors in makes me really not want to replay the first few floors again.

On the other hand, Master Mode is REALLY fun. I already played the game stealthy and this really ups that feeling. I wish the enemies weren't quite so tanky, but I'm excited to get more use out of my endgame weapon inventory
I can't see myself doing the Master Trials either, but maybe one day.

How does everyone feel about the DLC items? The Korok Mask, to me, is obviously a great idea. The Travel Medallion too.

Majora's Mask and Tingle's set are helpful too, though they sort of undermine the value of comparable sets from the base game (Kilton's Masks and the glowing luchador outfit). Hardly a big loss, though.

I'm more iffy on the Phantom Armor. It can't be upgraded but the full set gives you all three damage boosts. I guess they're in fairly perilous locations, though, so as to discourage being found easily by new players. Moreover, the clues to their whereabouts require discovering the locations to put names to the clues and even scaling the early game's most deadly tower (Central Tower, surrounded by stationary Guardians). Still sort of hurts the uniqueness of the Barbarian set, though, which are still much tougher to find even with all the caveats I just gave to the Phantom armour placements.

Last edited by boyonion; 10-15-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

While going through a shrine this morning and blew myself up/fell to my death since it was easier to do that and lose a heart than solve it the safe way.

BUT

I respawned standing on a block above the shrine. Haha, how silly, let me take a picture and hop off.

Oh.

I found the elevator hoping that would let me get down. Nope, it's solid on top!

So I jumped off the edge and fell for five minutes straight, watching the shrine get smaller and smaller in the distance.

I ended up opening the map and teleporting out to restart the shrine. Everything went fine the second time. I have some video too that I'll have to get off my phone, it was bonkers.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Love and Peace

The Korok mask is great. The Travel Medallion is okay, but I discovered the tough way that it's not nearly as useful in Hyrule Castle as I wanted it to be, since some parts are full blown dungeon and other parts are classified as "outdoors."

The value of the other items depends on how much fun you have treating Link like a Barbie doll. (And I think Majora's Mask is weaker than any one of Kilton's masks, but I am not a Zeldatologist.)
Old 10-15-2017, 12:02 PM
oh my car

The Tingle Pants are the most powerful item in the game, even more powerful than the Shorts of the Wild.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Chief Servbot

Dressing up Link as Tingle is worth the price of admission, or any price, really

Also I'm getting impatient for that DLC news, Nintendo
Old 10-15-2017, 02:02 PM
concern troll

I decided instead of hunting down the new DLC items on my completed game file and instead will try to find them on my Master Mode file. I figured they would potentially be more useful early on a run than at end game.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:05 PM
oh my car

The Majora's Mask item seems designed specifically for use in Master Mode, since it's available early on when stealth is most valuable.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:10 PM
concern troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
The Majora's Mask item seems designed specifically for use in Master Mode, since it's available early on when stealth is most valuable.
Nice. Noted.
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM
oh my car

You must all watch this video at once.
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
King Of Space-Time

JUSTICE
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
one zero zero one SOS

Tonight I witnessed Naydra flying around the Zora River-ish region and I realized I'd never seen Naydra out flying at all... ever! This game!
Old Today, 10:09 AM
TARANTUL

Default Talking with a coworker today..

There are HOW MANY shrines!?!?

Also is 3 stamina wheels the limit? I got an odd message upon finishing the last one, and the only reason I didn't get more already is I found the Master Sword and had to divert 32 spirit orbs to getting it.
Old Today, 10:12 AM
TARANTUL

Also, I need help. I have one last memory photo to get, and I've been at this for hours. It's the one looking down on Hyrule Castle from fairly high up, I think there's like a river in front of you? There's a weird pool with a lot of shimmers. It's really hard to make out, something pink over on the right.

Even if you can just point me to where the painter guy gives you a hint for that one.
Old Today, 10:22 AM
one zero zero one SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post
Also, I need help. I have one last memory photo to get, and I've been at this for hours. It's the one looking down on Hyrule Castle from fairly high up, I think there's like a river in front of you? There's a weird pool with a lot of shimmers. It's really hard to make out, something pink over on the right.

Even if you can just point me to where the painter guy gives you a hint for that one.
Vague hint: Pink makes me think Deku Tree... and I'm pretty sure the river is the one on the north side of the castle separating it from the Lost Woods region. I believe you need to get up on the west side of Death Mountain until you see exactly the view in the image. If the air gets too hot, you're too high up.

Precise hint: if you zoom in super close on the map on the area I mentioned above, you should see a Korok stone circle. The memory should be right on the same big rock.

This all hinges on the image you described being the one I'm thinking of though.

Quote:

Also is 3 stamina wheels the limit? I got an odd message upon finishing the last one, and the only reason I didn't get more already is I found the Master Sword and had to divert 32 spirit orbs to getting it.
Pretty sure three wheels is the max. But I'm reasonably sure you can also have two yellow bonus wheels too. I might be wrong though, since you can't carry yellow hearts once you've maxed out your reds.
Old Today, 11:25 AM
oh my car

Quote:
The number of shrines is one hundred twenty.

Quote:
The maximum amount of stamina wheels is three. Using math and the answer to your first question, you can calculate that this means the maximum number of hearts is twenty-seven. Please note that this doesn't include yellow hearts (which cannot bring your effective heart total higher than thirty) or yellow stamina wheels (of which you can have two in addition to the green stamina wheels).
Old Today, 11:35 AM
[kɾoˈxuːɾ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
The maximum amount of stamina wheels is three. Using math and the answer to your first question, you can calculate that this means the maximum number of hearts is twenty-seven.
The maximum amount of hearts is 30— but you can't max both hearts and stamina. This means it's a choice between 27 hearts/3 stamina wheels, or 30 hearts/2.5 stamina wheels. Going for max stamina is the smarter choice, since it's easier to replenish hearts than stamina.

Tags
breath of the horses , breath of the wild , buh-buh-buh-bolson , gerudo - sandstorm , green elf needs food , how i mine for wood , nature photography , nintendo , raw frog for dinner , rock climbing , shipping bait , spoilers , spoilers in the wild , vandal pyro elf , ya-ha-ha , you found me , zelda