The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Anyone on the forums have experience with Seventh Continent?

It's going through a second round of KS funding (first big expansion) and I was thinking of buying in but wanted to get some 1st person accounts if possible.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
The Exceed Season 2 kickstarter has a big collector's box that fits all the game's characters at once and it is very sexy. On the other hand, one of the things I appreciate about Exceed is the fact that it normally comes in such small, easy to store boxes. I'm very conflicted here!
False alarm, turns out the level I pledged at gets me the box as a stretch goal anyway.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Nonplussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselogic View Post
Anyone on the forums have experience with Seventh Continent?

It's going through a second round of KS funding (first big expansion) and I was thinking of buying in but wanted to get some 1st person accounts if possible.
I played it at a recent gaming weekend. We played for like 8 hours and we didn't finish the scenario. Nobody had played before, so we were learning as we went a bit, but we are all experienced gamers, so we got it in hand fairly quickly. I don't know what the expected length of a scenario is supposed to be, but one of the players said they thought it was intended to be played over multiple sessions. I enjoyed it while I played it, but it went on way too long for me. The way the scenario played out, I thought we were getting close to the end about 6 hours or so in, so I pushed to keep going, but then there was essentially a whole other area that opened up, and I had to throw in the towel. Mechanically, I think it works, but you probably need a solid group that can commit to playing multiple sessions per scenario and is willing to keep that going.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
I played it at a recent gaming weekend. We played for like 8 hours and we didn't finish the scenario. Nobody had played before, so we were learning as we went a bit, but we are all experienced gamers, so we got it in hand fairly quickly. I don't know what the expected length of a scenario is supposed to be, but one of the players said they thought it was intended to be played over multiple sessions. I enjoyed it while I played it, but it went on way too long for me. The way the scenario played out, I thought we were getting close to the end about 6 hours or so in, so I pushed to keep going, but then there was essentially a whole other area that opened up, and I had to throw in the towel. Mechanically, I think it works, but you probably need a solid group that can commit to playing multiple sessions per scenario and is willing to keep that going.
That sounds insane?! Thanks for the report!

Tags
afk , bard games , board dames , board games , board james , broad games , dice , face to face , penalty for being board , tabletop games , traditional games , wait whose turn is it