The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bigman View Post
The White Chlorination saga is the Demon Castle Wars of the Drakengard series. I wanna see some Legions!
This would hook me so easily.

I'd honestly be a little scared if there was another sequel that tried to go even farther in the future of this timeline. There are places to go but the most obvious one has been set up since Drakengard 1 to be pure horror and Automata did a good job elaborating on exactly how... permanent and adaptable that horror seems to be.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Baby, I WANT Klonoa.

Finally digging into this. Are the side quests worth doing or are they like the first Nier and just a big troll?
Old 09-21-2017, 03:36 PM

The side quests in this one are generally a lot less bullshit to complete. They've been built to reward you with things like minor story arcs for NPCs which are typically great, tidbits of world-building, great music tracks, and nice party banter.

So I mean I'd say they're super worth doing, but like any set of sidequests don't feel pressured to do everything your first go.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Mistress Greywolfe

Yes, I would generally recommend doing them, the rewards are good, the story bits and world-building add to the game's themes, and they are reduced in the bullshit factor compared to Nier 1.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Mistress Greywolfe

PC Gamer interviewed 8-4 about localizing the game.

Note: for those still playing the game and are concerned about spoilers, this article is mostly spoiler-free, although it does spoil a scene early in the game, that takes place in the apartment complex of the desert area.

Tags
cavia , do not fist android girls , don't date robots , don't stop me now , it's happening , nier , nierer my god to thee , platinum games , square enix , this can (not) continue