The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 08-18-2016, 05:35 PM

I love pokken too and as soon as I get my capture card in hoping to stream it a bit in the off time. It's slower paced than tekken but has a lot of the stuff I enjoy.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:42 AM

Oh dear lord, what have I DONE!
Old 08-20-2016, 05:20 AM
World of Darkness Returns

That's almost tempting enough to reinstall it, but KoF is coming in a few days so probably not.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:24 AM

IT was only 5 or so bucks on steam, it's fun to mess around with.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:42 AM
forbidden noise

we had a kof stream last night. well, i wasn't on it. there was a kof stream last night, that my friends ran and played on. if you want to see the game or whatever
Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 PM

I'm gonna be trying to get on some Pokken in the next month or two and hopefully gonna stream it or catch some footage of it. I really like the game but finding the time to devote to it has been pretty rough.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:58 AM

Really loving KOFXIV so far. I think Alice might be my favorite new cast member, if only because of her (functionally the same) Power Dunk move since they seem insistent that Terry needs to stick with Rising Taco. I'm really bummed that King lost both her air fireballs and her Double Strike super, making her a more up close and personal fighter now than the keepaway / stalling that I did with her in XIII.

Online play is kind of garbage if you try to connect to another person's lobby. I haven't seen any kind of stuttering if I set up one myself, though, so I'm not sure what the issue is beyond maybe just people with insufficient bandwidth trying to host.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:50 AM

Finally picked up Revalator and I gotta say this game is still nuts. I got to Raven trial 9 where I just put down the controller because I can't get the last sequence down no matter what. The character is super fun though! Ky was as basic as I remembered but he's got some dirty tricks in this. Anyone else around here place so I can get some ideas? Not sure who I'm gonna main though Jack.O looks pretty fun, and I love the looks of Leo a ton.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrue View Post
Finally picked up Revalator and I gotta say this game is still nuts. I got to Raven trial 9 where I just put down the controller because I can't get the last sequence down no matter what. The character is super fun though! Ky was as basic as I remembered but he's got some dirty tricks in this. Anyone else around here place so I can get some ideas? Not sure who I'm gonna main though Jack.O looks pretty fun, and I love the looks of Leo a ton.
"TheRealRiotEXE" is my PSN name...hit me up for some sessions.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM

KoF online is good if you turn off allowing replays to be shared. It's just a shame that sharable replays are the default so you either get matched with with bad lag or fight the 3 people that turned off the feature that night repeatedly.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:35 PM

Ok I seriously love Jack.O but the one thing I absolutely suck at is air dashing after a jump cancel. I can't do that after any jump cancels.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM
noble beast

Don't have a PS4 or the ability to play fighting games, but Jack-O's my fave.

Also, the dinosaur man in KoF is very good even though he has feathers bc he moves like a lumbering, cold-blooded lizard. (if I had the power to summon IPs from the grave, Primal Rage would be back)
Old 08-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Indecisive Epicure

I've been playing a lot of KoF XIV! No online play involved, since I don't have PS+, though I've been considering changing that. I've been loving it as a long time KoF fan. I hated about half of the new characters going in, but I've warmed up to most of them at this point. Meitenkun remains the one I'm the most "ugh" about, but realizing the little bits of Tung Fu Rue style in his movelist helps with that. My team continues to be most of my old standards, though Xanadu, Zarina, and Muimui have been getting a fair bit of play as well.

The system seems like a simpler, smoother version of XIII's that sits really well with me. Most of my KoF was in the '99 - XI era, so MAX mode is something I've never done much, but I feel like it's a lot easier to understand and use in this game. Also, I was initially put off by the Rush auto-combos that come out from mashing Light Punch near your opponents, but I relaxed a lot once I realized it was doing an isolated unique Rush combo of mediocre quality, and not auto-inputting a legitimate combo. However, even though I've played KoF a long time, it seems like you have to be more precise than usual with your inputs this time around. Maybe I'm just getting rusty?

I'm also going to comment on the story a bit, though I doubt that matters to most. I was expecting to hate Antonov from the start, since he looked like an even lamer version of Duke from Maximum Impact, but I've actually ended up liking him a lot, since it turns out he's just KoF's version of Hercule/Mr. Satan. The plot was completely inscrutable on my first play through the game, but I think I've worked out at this point that Ash/Saiki's actions messing with time in XIII has unhinged reality, enabling some force to gather lost spirits throughout space-time to empower itself? The last boss was definitely the easiest last boss I've ever faced in KoF, and apparently its defeat is SNK's excuse for random lost souls to be reincarnated, such as the previously lost to time Ash Crimson. It's a silly plot, and I hate reincarnation, but they already brought back Vice and Mature with a hand wave, and if this lets them bring New Faces Team back, I'll support it. I was also a little peeved that no characters from the Ash Saga were in the roster for this game, so I'm happy to see Elizabeth and Ash make it into storyline at least. Kukri seems to be the only one that knows what's going on, and I'm hoping no more time-based shenanigans are involved.

I also got GG Revelator a bit back, and Jack-O was def my fav as well, ousting my old secondary of Ky. But that was just before the Dizzy DLC came out, and I haven't messed with it since then, so I dunno' if Jack-O will have ousted my old main of Dizzy.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:07 AM
The Shogun of Harlem

KoFXIV Andy Bogard photoshopped onto the Tekken 2 cover

PRETTY GOOD
Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 AM

Almost picked up KoF after hearing max say the game just felt fun to play, and then they got to the net code needs fixing, but they acknowledged it was a bug and being worked on. Time will tell, it so many good games out to play.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:33 PM

The patch this week already fixed the netcode. Only one I had a problem this weekend was a Brazilian dude but even that was playable, just slower.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:02 PM
d.o_o.b

oh my god i love kof so much
Old 09-15-2016, 03:05 AM
The Great

2017 EVO champion in the making.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Ugh I haven't played any fighting in forever. I kind of wanna play some Guilty Gear with folks that have it.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown has been added to xbone backwards compat today.

In addition to it featuring in Yakuza 6, owners of both current gen models can experience the rich, smokey flavor.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:14 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

Quote:
Ugh I haven't played any fighting in forever. I kind of wanna play some Guilty Gear with folks that have it.
I feel you. I went back to SFV after most-of-a-month off playing Deus Ex, and I'm SUPER rusty. It's rough out there.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 AM
Indecisive Epicure

I finally got PS Plus, so I've been playing a lot of KoF XIV online. I'm PaganElements on there if anyone wants to slugfest!
Old 09-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements View Post
I finally got PS Plus, so I've been playing a lot of KoF XIV online. I'm PaganElements on there if anyone wants to slugfest!
I'll be right there with you in two weeks...
Old 09-25-2016, 10:06 PM

Revelator is on sale for 23.99 right now on the store!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Revelator is on sale for 23.99 right now on the store!
Of course, when I can't afford to buy it. Granted, I already have it on PS3, but I plan to get it on PS4 once I actually GET my PS4 next Friday. (should've already had it, but SURPRISE BILL FROM MOM!)
Old 10-17-2016, 11:15 AM

MKX is okay now, it's mom bought it deodorant!

Anyone play on PC? SCR has made me want to pick it up again. I have it on PC and Xbone
Old 10-17-2016, 12:16 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
MKX is okay now, it's mom bought it deodorant!

Anyone play on PC? SCR has made me want to pick it up again. I have it on PC and Xbone
I have re-installed it but I haven't yet started playing again. It's going to happen soon though!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:25 PM
noble beast

Finally started playing it~! I've had an embarrassing, depressing addiction to the shitty Skinnerware mobile game, which distracted me from... anything that would be more enjoyable than that. It has a cloud save, too. Fucked up.

Anyway: Test Your Might? Sucks, and is no fun, from what I can tell. I'm sure there's a trick, like there is in the mobile game.

I like... Tanya. I'm a big fan of her goofy leg moves - combining the best of Orchid's and Mira's from KI. Flip kicks and flying low kicks or whatever. I don't know the lingo! I just know it looks cool.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:43 PM

I like Tanya's spear variation and how it forces all of her moves to keep her airbourne. Like you said, reminds me of another KI character: Sadira~
Old 11-26-2016, 11:37 AM

MVC4?!?!?!?!

Tags
#yolo , ark system works , at ease losah , capcom , capcom killed my family , cheep cheep is cheap , coffee hates casuals , dizzy stay out , fighting games , fuck conveyance , i'd like some pancakes , im getting motivated , no gurls allowed , projectiles are cheap , respect my footsies , scrubbing bubbles , shoutouts to shoutouts , shoutouts to tags , teleporting is cheap , throwing is cheap , tires don't exits , what about mega man? , with the greatest of ease , yolo