The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
:V

Unfortunately EO games are made to have gachas attached as they can set portraits to be unlocked via loot boxes (SUPER ULTRA RARE black blonde Princess as your tank class!). In addition not only will they take out the color customisation but also make color variants be loot dependent as well.

And mobile EO still won't solve the dedicated map screen problem.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
It would have to sacrifice mapping and exploration
I can't think of any reason why it would have to do that.

It would be awkward, but that's true of most any non-DS home for the series.

(The Switch seems to have the most touch screen real-estate to make it work...)
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
Your life is forfeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmailman View Post
Unfortunately EO games are made to have gachas attached as they can set portraits to be unlocked via loot boxes (SUPER ULTRA RARE black blonde Princess as your tank class!). In addition not only will they take out the color customisation but also make color variants be loot dependent as well.
Wow, thanks for painting the worst future imaginable. I already like the series a little less just thinking about this.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Feelin pretty good about 4F. Barely made it back alive because I decided to fight the lobster FOE. It was fine until Blind wore off and none of my binds landed and then he one-shot my front line. By that time my Warlock was out of MP and we were running on empty but it was almost dead, so my Rover still managed to kill it with 1 skill. I'm liking my team so far, but I'm also half considering rolling 2 Warlocks because they're so strong with chases.
Old Today, 01:02 AM
Curious Young Gent

Most smart phones have enough real estate for a tophalf dungeon, bottom half map setup these days. And you don’t need super precise drawing since the lines snap to a grid anyway.

As for costume colors being gacha/purchased, that seems like a better future than gating the game behind F2P stuff. I guess a stamina bar for limited explorations would be possible but irritating, or just slowing everything down to a grind or hiding necessary-for-equipment drops to rare lootboxes you can purchase.
Old Today, 03:49 AM

I've only got the demo (EOV comes out in early Nov. here in Yoreup) and stopped playing when I got to level 8 with my team and level 3 of the first stratum. The options for skill points seems really small and I know it is expanded in the full edition so I want to save up some extra points so when I get to level 10 I can spend some in better options.

I've never played a demo so thoroughly before, but I am really looking forward to playing this game.

I beat Etrian Odyssey IV and EO Untold 2, so I'm looking forward to adding another notch in my EO belt

Really worried about the future of the series. It's too bad the portable part can't function at the same time as being plugged into the TV (like.... the Wii U! ) because that'd be a great way to take it forward. I think it will just be like a menu screen to map or even just automap

Tags
atlas , atlus , eo from myth to laughter , etrian odyssey