The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef View Post
I might look up an Xbone controller, now. I've played all my Steam games with a 360 controller, but if the Xbone has a better control pad (at least, friendlier to double-taps) it might be a good investment. Lord knows I couldn't even PLAY Crypt of the Necrodancer with the 360 one, I had to buy a USB SNES controller specifically for it.
I only had one gripe with the XB1 controller on PC. I have the bluetooth model of the XB1 controller; it's supposed to be able to connect to my PC directly via Bluetooth. But I was never able to get Windows 10 to recognize the device. I eventually bought the XB1 usb dongle and since then it's worked smoothly.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 AM

My stars! Some of the weapons are really, really, hidden in this game. I just found the quantom variegator weapon i.e., purple heat-seeking shot and I'm not sure if I would have ever figured it out if I hadn't been reading through this thread and come across a hint.

I also saw a hint in this thread about how scanlines are an indicator of an entrance to the secret world areas. I had already found one of these on my own but with this clue I was able to find a second one. Hooray! But even knowing this tipoff it still took several minutes of trial and error to find the exact spot where the entrance was. I don't know how you'd ever find this without that hint except by sheer dumb luck.

Still, I've enjoyed the heck out of Axiom Verge. I have nitpicks with the game but they're only things I care about because I've enjoyed it so much.

edit: I know I've seen the tipoff scanline effects in other areas of the game. But it was before I know it was a hint on where to find the secret world access points. Now I have to hunt for those all over again. Drat!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Are You Sure About That?

I think only one scanline area is even remotely close to being "required" (going by vague memory anyway), the rest only hold upgrade chunks besides a few super-secret ones that have the super-powerful weapons in them.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:18 PM

So this game is getting s physical release with the soundtrack. Switch gets its soundtrack bundled whole PS4 and everyone else gets it as a preorder bonus. This is a great little Game to have on the go.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:08 PM

The PC version had a physical release that included the soundtrack as well.

Tags
axiom verge , games by tyrants , indie , metroidvania , retro , rise from your grave!