The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about food

Old 12-09-2016, 05:50 AM
LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post

I appreciate this juxtaposition.
Silly juxtapositions: literally the reason I started using this handle in games and online
Old 12-09-2016, 06:36 AM
contains words & diagrams

There is so much to respond to here I can't right now, I just want to say thank you so much for all these detailed responses and I'll try to break out replies over the weekend.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:23 PM
contains words & diagrams

So! Couple week trip report: this is fucking hard. Like I expected the overwhelming urge for meat/a protean bomb did hit, so I've decided to adopt Buge's suggestion of cutting things out in stages. I've been avoiding as much red meat as possible, though I did get caught off guard last night when the potatoes au gratin I bought last night had ham in them and I didn't even think about it until it was too late. So this is what ya'll meant by read and check things twice. I've been using chicken as my allowance due to it being such a busy time of year at work that I don't have the time to heat up stuff from home and the local fast food veggie options are kinda trash!

The hardest thing about it has been actually just getting the food honestly. I'm never in the mood to do anything but oven something when I get done working these 11 hour shifts so I have to force myself to cook on my days off which can be a challenge to say the least. It's why I realized that if I don't allow myself something I will go insane because I will not be eating. I think I've been feeling slightly better in general though? I honestly can't tell if it's psychosomatic or legit but I've felt less slimy if that makes sense.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Safe Space

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself! Sometimes you slip up when you'e making changes to a habit. Just stay the course as best you can.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:21 PM
Ruffian

The worst thing about eating vegetarian is when your partner doesn't. It's such a pain to have to cook separate meals.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:56 AM
forbidden noise

both of the non-vegetarian roommates i've had would just eat whatever i cook and be accommodating while cooking as well (sometimes buying stuff for just them to eat but not as a "core" part of meals or whatever). in fact, the previous one's girlfriend was vegan while i was living there (though they were in a long-distance relationship at the time since he moved back from chicago first), and i think she's just vegetarian now but they got married last year
Old 12-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Not a Beer

Yeah, I'm not veg but my wife is and we just eat veg when we're both home for dinner. Easier that way. And even though I like meat fine I appreciate eating less of it due to the environmental benefits.

(It helps that we both really like cheese and eggs and enjoy at least a few of the same meat-subs, though. If she were vegan it would be much much harder.)
Old 12-19-2016, 11:38 AM
gatchapon 3*

it's ok to have slips. lifestyle changes are hard, after all. phase out one thing at a time.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:10 PM
forbidden noise

i wrote about my approach to cooking and some stuff i make. i realized after i was done that it...doesn't really explain that much? but i don't know how to avoid that, there's so much i do without thinking through it at all that i have no clue where i'd even begin to explain it. so i'm maybe a little dubious it can actually be useful to other people, but who knows i guess

i started this in january so you can see i'm not at all flighty or forgetful
Old 07-05-2017, 02:42 PM
King Of Space-Time

Found this on Kickstarter.

The Lotus and the Artichoke - INDIA vegan cookbook
Old 08-09-2017, 07:39 PM
King Of Space-Time

Tags
vegetablism