The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 01-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Better be the real thing.

I've always loved how it starts off looking enough like a regular Spider-Man series--web-spinning! wall-crawling! spidery-poses! spidery guitar!--that you can forgive the motorcycle shots. But then it goes "Change, Leopardon!" and dives right over the edge.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 AM
That bug is NUTS!

This is Episode 27 and that is a direct numerical representation of my self control because I've been wanting to do the X-Men 90s cartoon theme since we first started this goofy thing. We end up doing a very poor job of describing Shakespeare in this podcast for some reason!

Video Death Loop Episode 27 - X-Men Cartoon Opening
Old 01-27-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornGhost View Post
After last week, John had every right to hit me back hard, but he took leniency on me and chose Toei Japan's Spiderman TV opening for our looping video this week.

Episode 26, folks!

It's honestly incredibly weird how much this fiscally minded version of things resembles a legitimate summary of Kamen Rider OOO. Particularly "wait, don't take out the monster yet! Let it get huge first so it drops more cash!"
Old 01-27-2017, 05:13 PM
That bug is NUTS!

Haha, really? I've never seen that show but it sounds like it and I would get along O.K.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:14 PM
HOW HIGH CAN YOU GET?

It gets a lot of crap for not being Spider-Man, but what it is winds up being a pretty fun romp, if obviously under the strain of a small budget relative to later sentai series.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornGhost View Post
Haha, really? I've never seen that show but it sounds like it and I would get along O.K.
Monsters are literally made of coins, and the main character and his mentor/boss/life-partner tend to get into a lot of arguments about whether to kill the monster of the fortnight right away or let it keep growing for a bigger payout.

There's also more than a few conversations between them and a Brian Blessed-ish billionaire, negotiating service fees for his various vending machines that accept monster-coins.

Later he hires the obligatory Rival character to help out via an ad on Craig's List or something, and his entire motivation is he's in a tough spot financially and needs the extra cash.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 PM
contains words & diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
It gets a lot of crap for not being Spider-Man, but what it is winds up being a pretty fun romp, if obviously under the strain of a small budget relative to later sentai series.
Japanese Spider-Man is legit fucking incredible and for my money the most interesting thing ever done with the license.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:53 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Our latest episode is pretty interesting because neither John nor I had any idea about Extreme Dinosaurs, I suppose John had just run across the theme song and thought it looked cool? Anyway, unbound by prior knowledge, we came to the totally unwarranted idea that this thing revolved solidly around the shrimp industry.

Video Death Loop Episode 28: Extreme Dinosaurs TV Openings

PS: This piece of fanart

Old 02-07-2017, 08:36 AM
That bug is NUTS!

By the way, whichever one of you is visiting us on the Wii, you da real mvp

Old 02-10-2017, 05:52 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Most of the time when we're done with watching a video, I'd rather not watch it again, but not this time. That's because Mr. Belvedere's tuba-laden theme song is one of the ten most catchiest songs ever written. I don't know why this song isn't the national anthem.

Video Death Loop Episode 29 – Mr. Belvedere TV Opening
Old 02-17-2017, 06:42 AM
That bug is NUTS!

EEEUGGGHHH we made another one!

arf
arf
arf

Video Death Loop Episode 30 - Home Improvement TV Opening

Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 AM
That bug is NUTS!

You guys I found a super weird Subway commercial. I don't know what this Cimorelli musical group is, but they sang about Subway sandwiches for like a minute and a half and we sure watched it for what seems like forever.

Video Death Loop Episode 31 - Subway Commercial featuring Cimorelli
Old 03-07-2017, 12:58 PM
That bug is NUTS!

Hey did I mention there's a new one of these guys? There's a new one of these guys! It features the Air Bud movie trailer! I know!

Video Death Loop Episode 32 - Air Bud Movie Trailer
Old 03-10-2017, 06:30 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Welcome to 2004. You've FINALLY got a copy of Windows XP and along with it, Windows Movie Maker. You're ready to make your first anime music video and you've spent a lot of restless nights deducing the sickest combination of show and song. You've even decided to make a logo for yourself featuring, and hold on to your butt for this one guys, a howling wolf.

Many tedious weeks later, your masterpiece is done. You've ripped apart samuarix.wmv in ways that would make shredded cheese jealous. Your work is a masterpiece. You press "render" and wait, the gentle crunch of the spinning hard drive and your own crunchy bites of Doritos mingling in harmony. Immortality awaits at the end of the progress bar.

Thirteen years later, you've all but forgotten your foray into video editing, but Video Death Loop hasn't. Video Death Loop will always remember how you mirrored the slower parts of "Crawling" by Linkin Park with scenes of Ruroni Kenshin staring at the night sky. Video Death Loop will watch your video, in its entirety, on loop until they just can't take it anymore.

Video Death Loop Episode 33 – Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X Anime Music Video (“Crawling” by Linkin Park)
Old 03-17-2017, 06:06 AM
That bug is NUTS!

It’s back to the ancient internet this week with a Japanese Chu Chu Rocket commercial, possibly made at 3 AM before the commercial was due for broadcast! You may have watched this on loop yourself in the heady days of your youth.

To entice you further, this episode features a character named Harry GameCube who must end every sentence with a GameCube game title.

Video Death Loop Episode 34 - Chu Chu Rocket Commercial
Old 03-24-2017, 05:48 AM
That bug is NUTS!

After weeks at sea, the grizzled crew of the trawler cruise triumphantly into port. The captain sounds the horn and the townsfolk begin to cheer. The holds are full, there will be a feast tonight. A shrimp feast. Welcome to Prawn Stars.

Video Death Loop Episode 35 - Pawn Stars Season 1 Opening
Old 03-31-2017, 05:41 AM
That bug is NUTS!

In the world of wrestling, appearance is everything. You have to look intimidating. Look strong. Look fast. Look commercial if you’re certain wrestlers that keep getting pushed despite fan reaction. You need the whole package. But what happens when the package unravels itself at your door step and the UPS man gives up and just throws it at the door? Well, you probably got a Shockmaster on your hands.

Video Death Loop Episode 36 - WCW – The Shockmaster’s Introduction

Old 04-07-2017, 10:24 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Short shorts! Car stunts! Problematic themes!

Yes, The Dukes of Hazzard is an interesting show to think about in 2017. TV legends in their own day, and endlessly referenced and parodied in the subsequent four decades, time has recently been less kind to the eponymous duo. Yup, it looks like them Duke Boys are in trouble again, but this time its for slapping a symbol of slavery on the top of an otherwise sick Dodge Charger.

At least moonshine is legal these days.

Video Death Loop Episode 37 - The Dukes of Hazzard TV Opening
Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 AM
That bug is NUTS!

So Bronson Arroyo is a dude who used to play for the Cinncinatti Reds and also now he does again? Anyway, one time he got super baked and made a local television commercial where he said the word "shit".

I'm not sure why John made me watch this like 70 times in a row but I'll be damned if that isn't a good deal on a truck.

Video Death Loop Episode 38 – Bronson Arroyo Ford Commercial
Old 04-21-2017, 06:28 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Gals and guys it's the season finale of Video Death Loop! If you've been meaning to catch up, there's no better time! Join us as we take a peek at one of our creative evolutions from next season - TWO videos on loop! These two videos were specifically the first and latest videos on YouTube. Yes, it's Me At the Zoo and...uh...some Italian teeth gem thing.

Episode 39 – “Me At The Zoo” / Italian Tooth Gem Commercial [Season Finale!]

Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 AM
That bug is NUTS!

We recorded a quick intermission to keep people up to date with what's going on during our season break, but we mostly talked about...sheds?

Intermission 1 – Saving the Economy, One Shed at a Time
Old 06-30-2017, 08:22 AM
That bug is NUTS!

One more intermission before (hopefully) back to begin season 2. Though we didn't use the setup for this recording, we've been working on our (now permanent) recording space. New Shure 48 mics, bass traps in the corners, audio foam on the walls. I'm excited to get back to season 2 and hear how much better it will sound from season.

Anyway in this intermission, we talk about how bad DC comics are and try to untangle the Kingdom Hearts timeline for some dumb reason. Also I obliquely talk about Talking Time!

Video Death Loop Intermission 2 - Some Batman Is OK
Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 AM
That bug is NUTS!

We're down to the final intermission before Season 2 starts! We've upped our audio game: new mics, new mixer, audio foam and bass traps and this shit sounds a LOT better. Give it listen, won't you?

Video Death Loop Intermission 3 - Intern Saga

Old 09-05-2017, 07:30 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Season 2 begins! We've upgraded our studio, worked out our scheduling issues and are back on track for weekly podcasts.

We start things off right with the classic DuckTales TV opening on loop. We raise the dead with curses, review the shades of gray of Donald Duck and discover that Scrooge McDuck truly is a part of the 1%.

Video Death Loop Season 2: Episode 1 - DuckTales TV Opening

Old 09-15-2017, 07:07 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Two episodes released since I last updated this. Please check 'em out!

Video Death Loop Season 2: Episode 2 - My Buddy Commercial
(I honestly think this episode would make a great litmus test for Video Death Loop. It sounds great and the content is us at our peak. If you don't like this, this show isn't for you. If you do, well, I have many more episodes for you.)

Video Death Loop Season 2: Episode 3 - Deep Impact Trailer
(This episode is good too!)
Old 09-28-2017, 12:11 PM
That bug is NUTS!

I had no idea this song existed at all before we watched this video and I am very upset that I know about it now. According to my cohost, Achy Breaky 2 was bankrolled by a vape company and that's about all anybody should honestly learn about it.

Video Death Loop Season 2: Episode 4 - Buck 22 (w/ Billy Ray Cyrus) Achy Breaky 2 Music Video
Old 10-09-2017, 09:38 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Couple more episodes in the can:

Season 2: Episode 5 – Twin Peaks TV Opening

Season 2: Episode 6 - Wish Kid TV Opening
Old 10-13-2017, 06:15 AM
That bug is NUTS!

What if…you played video games? The Ctrl + Alt + Del cartoon sets out to ask that heady question and precious little else. The answer it comes up with is a distressing mixture of self-congratulation and homicidal rage under a thin veneer of us-versus-them superiority, so it basically succeeds in its task.

To truly let its genius sink in, we watched the first episode of the at half speed. On loop.

Season 2: Episode 7 – Ctrl + Alt + Del Cartoon at Half Speed
Old 10-13-2017, 12:16 PM
HOW HIGH CAN YOU GET?

oh dear god, that sounds horrifying (I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of the CAD cartoon, and it's way worse than the strip). I can't wait to download this to my phone to listen to on my way home from work.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM
Is there not one thing

Have y'all done Me Want the Punani because that slice of horror has depth.