The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old Today, 01:26 PM
Peter Parker's Webcam

I mean given that you get the spider ball, making the wall jump easy is not a bad thing by any means. Otherwise it's a little novelty easter egg that quickly becomes pointless to actually use.
Old Today, 01:36 PM
[kɾoˈxuːɾ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by four-so View Post
Yeah. Wall-jumping in Samus Returns is significantly better than any other version I've seen thus far.
It's easier, but certainly not better. There's no real point to it; it pushes Samus so far away from the wall that she can't use it to ascend, and it straight-up won't activate on some walls. It doesn't let you actually do anything with it.
Old Today, 01:44 PM
oh my car

It lets you move faster.
Old Today, 02:10 PM
Not A Low-Level Life Form

I did it out of instinct climbing a "shoot these with missiles" tutorial shaft early on. I was like "Yep, this is Metroid."
Old Today, 02:11 PM
All are Mr. Saturn

Well, bomb-jumping is also significantly easier here.

I wish the morph ball and spider ball moved faster than they do. I seem to remember them being much speedier in the other 'troids.
Old Today, 02:17 PM
Not A Low-Level Life Form

The Spider Ball was always kind of plodding, I think, but newer Metroids definitely have a faster Morph Ball. Or maybe that was just AM2R.
Old Today, 02:20 PM

Yeah, morph ball was definitely faster in most other metroids. Samus Returns seems to opt towards being more faithful to the original (where the morph ball was pretty dang slow if I recall correctly)
Old Today, 02:35 PM
Little Waves

The Morphing Ball is actually faster than running in Metroid II, at least until you get the Varia (which makes you run faster in addition to increasing your defense). But it is slower than running in Super Metroid, which is why the mockball glitch is a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Yeah, I actually had to look that up, and derped hard after; I should have figured that out! I missed quite a few powerups because I didn't figure it out. I thought maybe I'd get one more movement ability to handle the spike corridors.
I could have used a helpful animal friend to teach it to me.
Old Today, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
I could have used a helpful animal friend to teach it to me.
What would be even more hilarious is if one of the backdrops actually had this going on. Actually, no, that wouldn't be hilarious, it'd be awesome. Talk about a missed opportunity!
Old Today, 06:51 PM
Bald Gendou

Has anyone used the amiibo? Is there any penalty for enabling the Reserve Aeion Tank?
Old Today, 07:03 PM
Mystery Contraption

Any advice on dodging the Queens electric attack? The rest of the fight I've more or less figured out, but short of fancy dodging with the Spider Ball and praying she doesn't slam the ground while I'm up there, that one trips me up every time.
Old Today, 07:31 PM
Awoken Amaterasu Ohkami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm Guycot View Post
Has anyone used the amiibo? Is there any penalty for enabling the Reserve Aeion Tank?
I don't think so. I used the reserve energy one and nothing has happened. Saved my butt during the final boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Any advice on dodging the Queens electric attack? The rest of the fight I've more or less figured out, but short of fancy dodging with the Spider Ball and praying she doesn't slam the ground while I'm up there, that one trips me up every time.
Electric? You mean those attacks where she sends those blobs and then sets walls on fire? The flames go away before she slams the floor don't they? I just drop as soon as they leave.

Tags
aaahh!!! real metroids , another metroid 2 remake , galaxy is not at peace , game over return of samus , ibelieveinsakamoto , metro android , metroid , metroid 2 , metroid 2ds , metroid is dead , metroid of fate , monkey's paw? , new good metroid games , nintendo , nintendo 3ds , nintendo wins e3 again , return of return of samus , y can metroid punch?