The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up on hobby wave, got a lot of paint and a couple of kits on the way.
Built an MG hiyaku shiki 2.0. Have a little Z gundam display now.

Also did an MG rick dias. It was pretty good until I got to the leg armor. I had trouble getting seams on the right leg to seal. resorted to thin cement, but it left it kinda ugly. Gonna try to fix it up with the paint eventually. What's with the gunpla evolution thing? I haven't seen a review of that z gundam yet.
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Not a Beer

Shiiiiiiny. Is there paint on that Hyaku Shiki or is the metallic plastic nice on its own?
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s p a c e f o l d View Post
Built an MG hiyaku shiki 2.0. Have a little Z gundam display now.

Also did an MG rick dias. It was pretty good until I got to the leg armor. I had trouble getting seams on the right leg to seal. resorted to thin cement, but it left it kinda ugly. Gonna try to fix it up with the paint eventually. What's with the gunpla evolution thing? I haven't seen a review of that z gundam yet.
Everything looks real swell! Love the Argama/AEUG team! Now you just need a Mk II and a Nemo to complete your AEUG team.

Those are some thicc seams on the legs, but I bet some careful sanding with increasingly finer grain would solve the problem after you used your plastic cement.

As for your question about the Gundam Evolution thing: it's a branding line for Gunpla meant to build up to and celebrate Gunpla's 40th anniversary.

Quote:
The “GUNPLA EVOLUTION PROJECT” is a project leading up to 2020 that will target all Gunpla brands including HG, MG, RG, PG, and more and will establish an “EVOLUTION POINT.” Mobile [action], an easily assembled [build], and colored molding [color]; this is a project that proposes to users trials that aim to further evolve Gunpla from various angles for its 40th anniversary.
I don't know if that means anything cohesive. But the Zeta Evolution Project specifically is basically just a potential HG Revive Zeta, but rebranded, which is overdue since the old HG Zeta is showing its age very poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
Shiiiiiiny. Is there paint on that Hyaku Shiki or is the metallic plastic nice on its own?
That's the color of the plastic out of the box. It's a really great color gold. I have the same kit sitting in my closet waiting to get built one day. It's actually a relatively expensive kit, and a lot of that added cost is from the gold plating. Kirin you seem more like HGs are your thing. There's a Revive Hyaku Shiki that's very recent, and it's a great looking kit sans the bad choice of gold for it. However, you can get "Hyaku Shiki Gold" Mr. Color paint that looks like the above MG, and painting that HG with that paint makes it look super svelte. IIRC I wrote about it a few pages back maybe?
Old Today, 08:06 AM
Satanic Mechanic

Yeah I keep meaning to pick up some of that gold for my HG Hyaku-Shiki, who will remained imprisoned in his box until the awful swirly gold plastic can be covered up.

Spacefold, your only choice now is to buy four Nemos. That way, you can have one on each side of your room so that you can always gaze upon its beautiful teal no matter which direction you are facing.
Old Today, 08:32 AM
Not a Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisteriaHysteria View Post
That's the color of the plastic out of the box. It's a really great color gold. I have the same kit sitting in my closet waiting to get built one day. It's actually a relatively expensive kit, and a lot of that added cost is from the gold plating. Kirin you seem more like HGs are your thing. There's a Revive Hyaku Shiki that's very recent, and it's a great looking kit sans the bad choice of gold for it. However, you can get "Hyaku Shiki Gold" Mr. Color paint that looks like the above MG, and painting that HG with that paint makes it look super svelte. IIRC I wrote about it a few pages back maybe?
Haha, honestly I prefer MG buuuuut I have no steady income right now, so. (Which is why I jumped on several of the IBO 1/100 line, since they're relatively cheap.)

I actually have a really nice gold paint marker (I think I posted an IBO mobile worker I painted with it just for fun sever pages back), but I don't think I'd trust that to last through trying to paint most of an entire kit. Fantastic for highlights though.
Old Today, 09:03 AM
Satanic Mechanic

Silver and gold sharpies are clutch for model kit details. All the chipping effect on my Grimgerde I did with a silver sharpie:

Old Today, 06:01 PM
Not a Beer

Yeah, I remember that from a long ways back and it looks fantastic. I should try it myself on something, just haven't decided what. The 08th MS Gouf Custom might be a good candidate since all the mechs in that show are beaters, though I'm not sure how well silver would show on the light blue. Could probably dig out some spare pieces to test it...

Tags
gunpla , gunpla is freedom , model building , plastic-crack