The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 07-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerhof View Post
If you're of a donating mind, libraries and prisons are both excellent places to donate old gamebooks.
I never would have thought of donating to a prison, but that makes a lot of sense.

I did give all my D&D 3 cruft to a friend as a long-term, possibly permanent loan since for some reason that's the system he would be potentially interested in running if he ever GMs something, so that cleared up about half a shelf Friday night. Just in time, since I got Pugmire in the mail yesterday.

I'm considering getting Starfinder because you can take anything and put it in space to instantly make me twenty times more interested in it. I was planning to get the limited edition because I just got my quarterly bonus, but for some reason after committing to spending eighty bucks on the book the ten dollar shipping gives me pause.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:39 AM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Me: It's time to be more moderate in your purchase of book games and finally shed some of these RPG manuals you know you'll never use.

Also me: There was a D20 Starship Troopers RPG? Eff yeah throw that in the order!
Old 08-06-2017, 01:24 AM

YUP I am quite enjoying FFTCG. Already played in 2 draft tournaments and might hit up the local Thursday night constructed group.

For those who play, you may appreciate this- At the Opus 3 release last draft last night I got 3 legendaries in my 4 packs- Ultima, Foil Exdeath, and Foil Delita. Earlier in the night I got Garnet with three packs I just happened to buy, and later got Lenna in my 3-pack prize for placing fourth. Then I bought 3 more on the way out the door and got a foil Zack (which I traded for 2x non-foil Zacks!). Best night of TCG luck I've ever had.

My poor wallet.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:38 PM
King Of Space-Time

Dunno about the gameplay, but I like the inkbrush style on the artwork for this.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Well that's pretty but whenever I see a new card game being brought over from Japan I really want to see the actual mechanics before putting money down on it. (Though at least I don't see any unnecessary four-digit numbers on display so far.)
Old 08-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Yes, let's feast!

BakaFire are the same people who brought you Tragedy Looper, et al. I can't vouch for any of their other games, but they at least have design chops. Sandalwood, that is
Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Sega CD version is better

Trying really hard not to rant about how AEG sold Legend of the Five Rings to a company who so far has shown no interest in the RPG side of things because publishing the card game was getting too difficult, only to turn around and publish an entirely new Japanese-themed card game...
Old 08-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Hey, AEG published Warlord, one of my all-time favorite games, before doing pretty much the same thing with it, but grousing about the fact that AEG is still in business and releasing new games (especially when it's a completely different kind of game) won't bring our old favorites back.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:46 AM
and ermine, too

AEG was the first US publisher on the new wave of Japanese designer games when they grabbed Love Letter, Trains, and Sail to India. But this is the first Japanese co-publication I've seen from AEG in a while (It generally feels like Z-Man and Iello have been redeveloping and localizing more games recently, but I haven't actually checked)

Tags
board games , fear of new threads , not worth its own thread , pen and paper rpgs , traditional games