The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-07-2017, 08:14 AM
World of Darkness Returns

I love that I can ignore the given puzzle elements in these electricity pathing puzzles and just drop my metal weapons to make the connections.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 AM
oh my car

I found you can mount a Lynel if you approach it while it's stunned from a headshot, but that's just a way to attack it. I'm going to try it someday, however.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:03 AM

For mounting Lynel you can wear a [SPOILER]lynel hat from the monster shop[/SPOILER and that'll make it easy

Beat all 4 of the main dungeons. 80 shrines down. Three extra stam wheels is the max. Climbing gear is the best.

Missed the Giant Horse

Gonna go ahead and fight Ganon later tonight.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:04 AM
oh my car

Where is the shop you mentioned?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:21 AM
"FRE SH A VOCA LOID"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrue View Post
use ice power to shatter the things
!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
The Shogun of Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadrome View Post
For mounting Lynel you can wear a [SPOILER]lynel hat from the monster shop[/SPOILER and that'll make it easy

Beat all 4 of the main dungeons. 80 shrines down. Three extra stam wheels is the max. Climbing gear is the best.

Missed the Giant Horse

Gonna go ahead and fight Ganon later tonight.
Jesus Christ dude, I've beaten like 30 something shrines and I've spent literally three days where all I did was play it and barely did anything else...

The world and the people in it scare me.

Also please let me know if the game lets you continue exploring the world after you beat Ganon, kthxbai. Wait I guess I could always just save beforehand...but still.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 AM
This Guy

Yeah, I put a good 20 hours into this this weekend and I've barely scratched a quarter of the map. Do people sleep?

Tonight I think I'm going to head out west for the first time. Cause I'm probably not hunting Lynels for electric arrows.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:02 AM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
!!!
Well, I mean, you have to do that as part of the process of gaining entry.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 AM
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
Well, I mean, you have to do that as part of the process of gaining entry.
I shot them with an arrow because I am not a COWARD and ALSO I DIDNT THINK OF THAT.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Mystery Contraption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascally Badger View Post
Yeah, I put a good 20 hours into this this weekend and I've barely scratched a quarter of the map. Do people sleep?

Tonight I think I'm going to head out west for the first time. Cause I'm probably not hunting Lynels for electric arrows.
The good news is that the arrows are all lying around in his den, and you can just scoop them off the ground and out of the trees. You don't have to fight it.

The bad news is that Lynelnis still there, shooting arrows around willy-nilly. And is likely strong enough to one-shot you.

Like I said; this game is Zelda at its Dark Souliest. Just with a much kinder difficulty curve.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:32 AM
oh my car

Wear the armor from Hateno Village (upgrade it at the Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko Village) and chug something with a high-level defense effect (you might have to go exploring a fair distance to find enough different ingredients) and you can facetank the strongest monsters hilariously. However, it'll still take a long time if you're still running around with, like, Soldier-tier stuff.

Some additional tips: if you've gotten the Stasis+ upgrade at Hateno Village, that's a good tool to use against big enemies. Most enemies will be stunned briefly if you shoot them in the face, and that applies even more so to big ones. Shields will block pretty much everything at melee range and no small number of projectiles, though you can't rely too much on those because of limited durability and elemental effects.

What I like to do is knock 'em down with a headshot, get in close with the other thing I mentioned above, and hit 'em with a claymore spin attack that depletes my entire stamina bar.

Be careful using food/elixir effects, because you can only have one active effect at a time (not counting the bonuses from your clothes).
Old 03-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Serial Thread Killer

I went to check out that mysterious island north of the Akkala lab. I decided pretty quickly to never return.

I'm sitting at about seven hearts and an encircled stamina meter, and there's just huge swathes of land to the north and west I haven't touched yet. I keep discovering so much stuff, I don't want my buds to miss experiencing all this when we play along together.

The shrines that use the motion controls tripped me up fierce, since I wasn't using them. I totally forgot it was a thing.

Also I was busy fighting a wizzrobe and electric keese when I got distracted by something huge moving on the river. "What IS that?" I asked. It was a dragon. That's one way to discover something incredible: Be so engrossed in not-dying that you realize it was there the whole time and deliver a deadpan "What."
Old 03-07-2017, 12:32 PM
oh my car

The place where you can learn about the thing you saw is Mount Lanayru.

Take a picture when you see one of those things. Get it in the Compendium. You may want to be able to track them.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Fishing for Felbloom

I've seen two of the dragons; I assume there's a third. Of course, I've barely looked at the top half of the map yet.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

I saw one today flying around in a canyon on the west side of the map and I didn't even think of taking a picture. Dang it. Next time.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Mystery Contraption

There's a shrine near the Zora Castle that apparently requires a Ceremonial Trident to open. One of the Zora in the palace mentions that he dropped it off the bridge and it should still be down there, but incantnfindnit anywhere. It's not lying under the Zora Bridge, and I tried scouring underneath it with Magnekinesis but couldn't find it.

Any advice?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Fishing for Felbloom

It's underneath the bridge heading northwest from Zora's Domain. You'll need to make a few Cryonis blocks to reach it, as it's too far away to reach with Magnesis.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

I got the Master Sword. I like that it is essentially unbreakable, but it's kinda weak? Still, it'll be useful for whenever I go fight actual bosses.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Are You Sure About That?

It's double rated against things with Ganon-auras apparently, and has no dur loss then.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanto View Post
It's underneath the bridge heading northwest from Zora's Domain. You'll need to make a few Cryonis blocks to reach it, as it's too far away to reach with Magnesis.
Thanks. I just left that one alone because I didn't know which bridge the dude was talking about, and didn't feel like finding out at that particular moment.

I found the spot where you need gems. Don't sell all of your gems. Don't sell rubies and sapphires, but more importantly, I think keep at least one diamond. Remember that you can exchange luminous stone for diamonds.

Edit: the total amount you'll need to get one of everything is something like: 3 diamonds, 3 rubies, 3 sapphires, 5 topaz, 8 opal, 10 amber, 10 flint, and a shitload of rupees. You'll need more of each for upgrades, too!

Edit: Also, save at least nine Luminous Stones!

Last edited by Bongo Bill; 03-07-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Half-Ninja

Ganon.

Ganon is a cool thing. Yes I beat it
Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
This Guy

Man, the fucking Lynel's don't play.

I really wish I would have made sure I was stocked up regular arrow during the Vah Ruta fight. Is there another way to get rid of the ice blocks other than hitting them with arrows?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:43 PM
oh my car

Cryonis.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:11 PM
This Guy

Oh, that was the right answer; I just have to not suck. Because I tried that and failed horribly, so I came up with something else.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Hitting the Shaffer with motion controls is rough. I used most of the right stick through that ordeal and once I realized Shatter just wrecks it. It was cake.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Howling forever oh oh

I really need to find where to hand in these Korok seeds. Where did the big Korok run off to? I have 31 of these fucking things just chillin' in my inventory.

Speaking of chillin', I figured out on accident that freezing a Chu will make it drop White Chu Jelly, while killing it with flame will make it drop Red Chu Jelly.

Neat.

Spent about five hours dicking around tonight and did, maybe, two quests? And certainly nothing related to the main quest line. Game is massive.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:28 PM
oh my car

Have you been to Woodland Stable? Head north from there. You can reach it if you follow the road down from the path to Zora's Domain.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanto View Post
So hey, like, I can't figure out what to actually do with the appointed thing at the appointed place here.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:59 AM
jiggery-pokery

I loved everything about that Ruta dungeon. Fighting my way up the road to Zora's Domain. The mini-quest beforehand collecting shock arrows from the red lynel (who I think the game wanted me to sneak past, but I just killed anyway). The approach swimming on the prince's back and blasting ice projectiles and swimming up waterfalls. The dungeon itself (which did feel a bit small, but the puzzles were good) and the boss battle I rocked the shit out of.

Even Mipha's story was touching and a little sad, I wanted desperately for her to still be alive somehow.

That this is just the first of four makes me super stoked for the others.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:54 AM
This Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chady View Post
Even Mipha's story was touching and a little sad, I wanted desperately for her to still be alive somehow.
I really thought she might be. Zora's are apparently pretty long lived. It seemed possible that she was only trapped.

Tags
breath of the wild , nintendo , spoilers , spoilers in the wild , vandal pyro elf , ya-ha-ha , you found me , zelda