The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about music and podcast

Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Time to cancel the top 50 tabletop game thread, as I just found the actual best board game:

Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Goodbye!

I got my sweaty Canadian hands on the Seeso show THROUGH MEANS, and am enjoying it very much.

We are Griffin!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Mystery Contraption

Bit surprised that nobody here's mentioned the new McElroy-brand podcast. The Kind Rewind, featuring Travis and Theresa rewatching shows they loved growing up, but hadn't really seen since and seeing how they hold up. As implied by the title, it's very positive.

First episode covered the first few episodes of Buffy (which Travis is a big fan of, and Theresa hadn't seen before).
Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 AM
It's all good, man

I'm just starting to catch up on Cool Games Inc. It is high quality.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Bit surprised that nobody here's mentioned the new McElroy-brand podcast. The Kind Rewind, featuring Travis and Theresa rewatching shows they loved growing up, but hadn't really seen since and seeing how they hold up. As implied by the title, it's very positive.
I walk while podcast listening a literal 7.5 hours every week (45 minute commute twice per weekday), and I still don't have enough time to listen to the collected McElroy podcast output. My bloated podcast hole can't handle any more! It can't!
Old Today, 06:20 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Just finished The Suffering Game, and... that's not the twist that I was expecting. >_< God, I'm still laughing about it.

I love that an arc that was so profoundly uncomfortable to listen to (and honestly, I think it was a misstep and could have been handled better) ended with possibly the greatest act of fan-service I've ever seen.
Old Today, 07:41 AM
is Earnest

I feel like the current arc is a misstep too. TAZ is extremely popular because the characters are super funny and goofy, but Griffin seems to think it's because everyone wants to know more about the macguffins and generic evil force he created. And it really does't matter what format it takes, but the players seem less interested in what's going on, which detracts from the show.
Old Today, 01:17 PM
Mystery Contraption

Going to have to disagree there; while the best part of TAZ by far, is Tres Horny Boyz' interactions with people, I like the whole of the show enough that I'm invested in everything.

I kind of Zone out when monsters appear and need killing, however. Except when something suitably memorable happens.
Old Today, 01:26 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
I kind of Zone out when monsters appear and need killing, however. Except when something suitably memorable happens.
The climactic battle at the end of The Suffering Game held my attention so rapt that I didn't even notice my 45 minute walk to work this morning. I blinked and realized I was at the office. Magnus turning on the magnetic repulsor ball in particular was A+ stuff.
Old Today, 02:32 PM
is Earnest

Quote:
Going to have to disagree there; while the best part of TAZ by far, is Tres Horny Boyz' interactions with people, I like the whole of the show enough that I'm invested in everything.

On the other hand, I love when they get in a big monster fight. At the very least, they try to use different strategies and attacks each time instead of just going with their most powerful thing.

Tags
boys , deals warlock , em bam bam , great job! , hail and well met , hamilton , just like bart , munch squad , peepums nastygum , the money zone , twentyserpentine , unless... , vore , what's up you cool baby