The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 07-17-2017, 12:06 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post
"When his friends get in a jam,
They just call on this big ham,
Jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabberjaw!
Jabberjaw!
Maybe the funniest shark you ever saw."
TIL: Sharks are made of ham.

(Also, FYI, that video link is busted.)
Old 07-17-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
And for some reason, he's also one of the bad guys from Bleach.
I always thought 'Jaegerjacques' sounded too much like 'Jabberjaw'.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Mystery Contraption

The closest Jabberjaw ever came to being redeemed was in that one episode of Mystery Inc.

And also that one episode of Harvey Birdman.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Safe Space

Old 07-17-2017, 04:44 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
[B]Jabberjaw
Some real original-looking characters you created there. Ruby-Spears.

Quote:
Fan Art
Well that's kind of horrifying.

Quote:
And for some reason, he's also one of the bad guys from Bleach.
How very internet...
Old 07-18-2017, 06:32 AM
Outraged!

Default I will never date you because you smell like bait.

Jabberjaw inspired this song by Pain so it definitely made the world a little better in some small way.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:23 PM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfriction View Post
Jabberjaw inspired this song by Pain so it definitely made the world a little better in some small way.

My man...
Old 07-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Man of Tomorrow Afternoon

Jackson 5ive
The only thing about the Jackson 5... ive (ugh) is that the band is where Michael Jackson came from and that the Jackon 5's dad was an abusive asshole. Also, I assume that it must apologize for ragging on Se7en all of these years. At least a 7 can look like a V if you turn is sideways and squint.

Now we all know these teens are in a band but do they have an animal sidekick and solve mysteries? Lets find out if they complete the 70's trifecta.

The theme song is ABC... or I Want You Back? Are they the same song? Anyway, first we see sort of sihlouettes of the Jacksons match up and make complete photo images. We then see photos of the Jacksons turn into cartoon versions of themselves, while surrounded by hearts, in order to remind you that these are teen heartthrobs. Or this series is about what Valentine's Day cards do when their owners aren't looking.

Anyway, when they get to the "Easy as ABC/123" part, we are treated to dancing mice and and a flirty snake.

Nice try, serpent, but I'm not interested. I'm assuming these animals hang around our heroes, but I just don't see them as snake people. I could buy them having a couple of mice, though.

Then, in a big old heart, we see that this is a Rankin/Bass joint, making me think this is a holiday special that went to series.

We then see the title of the show and its unique font is doing everything it can to convince me that a 5 can look like an f. Nothing doing, TV show.

An announcer then states "THE JACKSON FIVE!" We then see dancing outlines of our hero that is filled with constantly moving images of their faces. Kind of cool, I guess, but also kind of difficult to parse. This action moves to the background as we once again see the photos (in the shape of hearts) of the stars of the show to remind us that these guys are in the show.

We finally see them animated, dancing around and turning into silhouettes and back and the shots of them are interspersed with a slightly more stylish version of the show's logo.

Then we see a heart that says "It started with..." followed by copyright info. That's an odd way to do those credits. We then Iris out with the Jackson Five logo.

Did It Make Me Want to Watch It?
This show is giving me nothing. Clearly, you are only in if you are already in love with the Jackson 5.

Now I look on Wikipedia to learn more about the show
As I suspected, the last thing that the heart says in an episode title. But it is presented very oddly.

Those animals are all Michael's pets, based on his real life pets. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
"Other than the mice chirping, the pets never spoke, but usually either attributed to assistance, mischief or joining the Jackson Brothers in performances on the show."
I imagine the snakes mischief probably mostly involves raising his eyebrows.

Quote:
"The Jackson 5ive contained an adult laugh track."
I don't like this fact. Make it go away.

An actual episode plot.

Quote:
The Jacksons tour themselves to exhaustion and long to take a break. Marlon, depicted as a gear-head genius, builds an Afro-wearing musical robot titled "The Groovatron" to stand in for them for future performance dates. However, a shifty salesman named Sam Sham witnesses the successful maiden performance of the robot, kidnaps it, and sends it on tour on its own, replacing The Jacksons and having it sell out instead of them. The brothers scheme at once to kidnap their robot back before their careers are destroyed.
There's also an episode where the gang is hit with a shrink ray.
Fan Art

Goddammit, the Internet.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Mystery Contraption

My heart tells me that this cartoon had Micheal Jackson befriend a clumsy guardian angel who caused no end of trouble for the band trying to do enough good deeds to go the Heaven.

But my head tells me that I'm almost certainly confusing it with another terrible 70s cartoon.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Better be the real thing.

It sounds like you've somehow concocted a crossover between the Jackson Five and that Gary Coleman cartoon.

Meanwhile, I'm troubled by the flirty snake. Humanity does not tend to have the best history with flirty snakes.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Mystery Contraption

I believe you're right
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Scott View Post
Meanwhile, I'm troubled by the flirty snake. Humanity does not tend to have the best history with flirty snakes.
Wait, did Adam and Eve want to fuck the snake? I've been reading the wrong Bible editions.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Better be the real thing.

Well, the are some ancient Jewish legends where the serpent was Cain's real father.

But I was mostly depending on a very broad definition of "flirty."
Old 07-20-2017, 08:01 AM

Jana of the Jungle
I'm not 100 per cent sure, but I feel confident this is an opening for a segment in a show that has a bunch of other adventure shows in it. Tarzan and the Super 7 if memory serves.

We begin with our heroine running through the jungle with a jungle cat. Everything is a sihlouette in a different eye popping color. Again, if the video quality was better, it would look nice. We close up on her head and her sihlouette transitions into a scene of a boat travelling down the river.

Jana begins to narrate: "The last thing I remember was travelling up the Great River with my father."

We see our heroine as a young girl, getting a necklace put on her by Bayou Billy.

"He had just given me my special necklace when...!"

The boat hits some rocks and both characters are flung from the boat.

The animation is surprisingly... animated. Like they have smooth movements and aren't just animation cells that are shook around onto the background to make them move. For the 70's, this is a revelation.

Once they fly from the boat, however, it gets a little stiffer, though it still looks fine.

Also, worth noting, the boat is called Princess Jana, making me wonder if this is a story where the character has amnesia (which would explain "The last thing I remember" remark, though to pick nits, if that was the case it should be the first thing you remember) and takes her name from the boat or her dad named the boat after her.

Anyway, some guy dives into to the water to save the girl.

"I was rescued by Montaro, a noble descendant of a lost warrior tribe."

So she has a native friend of a made up culture, so they can just make up shit about his past.

We also see her dad washed up on shore, but only his hand and hat are seen.

"Endlessly searching for my lost father Montaro, Chico and my jaguar Ghost, help me guard the jungle and the animals that dwell within it."

Three things to unpack. Usually, the cartoon rule is everyone survives shipwrecks and wash up on some shore lost, but the visual here makes me think the animators originally intended him to be dead. Maybe that's just me, though.

Also, a cool visual of having the water transition to her face, which made a stream of water look like stream of tears on Jana's face. This intro has a lot of my good will so far, so I want to say that's intentional. I wouldn't say that for most of these openings but that's the best visual of these 70's openings so far. It looks great.

Finally, WHO'S CHICO! You can't just throw in a person we don't see. You were pretty explicit about who Ghost was. He's a jaguar. But who's Chico? A monkey? A Spanish guy? Chico Marx? Please be the last one.

We then see Jana swinging from a vine and finding a jaguar cub in a trap. Then we see a snake, followed by Montaro caught up in a trap while being threatened by the snake.

How did that snake set up that trap. I was already impressed by the snake who can raise his eyebrows, but this must have been a hell of an effort. Unfortunately for the snake, Jana frees him by cutting the rope by throwing her special necklace Captain America-style.

"I grew up by the laws of nature and the animals of the jungle became my friends."

We then see a grown up Ghost pouncing at us, before transitioning to the title.

"I Am Jana of the Jungle!"

Whoa, despite being a 70's show, that font look so 80's it should be on a Patrick Nagel painting.

Yeah, it sort of did. It looks actually competant and interesting. Snakes are setting up traps, necklaces are projectiles. Good stuff.

Turns out memory did NOT serve. It actually was it's own half hour series, but later on it got lumped in with the "Godzilla Power Hour" and later the "Godzilla Super 90".

Tico. Not Chico. There's a "pesky water opossom" named Tico. What the fuck is a water opossum. Sounds made up.

*googles*

Holy shit, I want one.

Fan Art
This started out promising.

Then this shit happened...

Old 07-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Bertolli?!?...

There's a lot to unpack in those last fan-art shots. Like, are her feet screaming in that first one? Also, I love Montaro in the second one. It's like he knows that people are jacking off to this.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:16 AM

Her feet become rainbow electrified when hurt. It's a power not often used on the show.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 AM

Jeannie
I Dream of Jeannie was a damned terrible series in the genre of supernatural spouses. It might seem basically like Bewitched with a genie instead of a witch, but I Dream of Jeannie is notably less feminist. In Bewitched, there's some questionable sexual politics, but it does seem to be about a guy dealing with a powerful woman. But in I Dream of Jeannie, Jeannie is a niave slave and it never really occurs to the lead boyfriend (who is an astronaut) to teach her to think for herself. Heck, he treats her like a property when a friend asks to "borrow his genie". He doesn't say "hey, why don't you ask her." Also, very not funny.

I can't imagine the cartoon is much better.

We start out with some fanfare. You'd think they do something reminiscent of the classic memorable theme, but its just some bland fanfare. There's a dude surfing on top of a wave who does a handstand.

"Hot doggin' it up
Ridin' high on a curl
Just thinkin' about
How I be needin' a girl."

As he talks in a manner that might be construed as singing, he wipes out and breaks his neck.

He's dead now.

It's funny, it just occurred to me today this is a pratfall I've seen many times in cartoons, but it must be hard to land on your front collar bone and remain like that. How did that catch on?

Anyway, a wave comes and either delivers or unearths a magic lamp.

"And wham, I slam
But that fall wasn't all.
In a bottle was a chick
Only two inches tall."

Indeed, that is what he sees. She then emerges from the bottle in a puff of sparkles.

"Out came Jeannie"
OK, so I think we know what the show is about and now--
"And junior genie Baboo!"
Goddammit.

I mean, this isn't the black swan that was the Godzilla opening, but you can feel exactly HOW tacked on Baboo is. I'm assuming that he's a genie in training or something, which raises some questions. Like, who do genies answer too? Or is this simply a one-to-one master and apprentice situations.

Anyway, Baboo shows up and creates his head and legs first which, I guess is supposed to be a representation of how bungling he is, but does it even matter so much when you are all powerful and immortal. Anyway, then he falls because he can't magically levitate well or something.

Anyway, a hypnotic swirl is used as a transition, which is something more terrible TV shows should try to boost ratings. Then we see three characters on a motorcycle, presumably rounding out the cast. Oh, one of the characters is the lead, I think, though 70's cartoon humans have generically similar faces so if they are wearing different clothes that covers their heads, then I'm lost.

Jeannie, floating in the air behind him, uses magic to make a girl in the sidecar fly away into the ocean so that she can sit next to the guy she likes because she is a being of unfathomable power who uses it for pettiness.

Another hypno-swirl later and Jeannie uses her power to launch our hero into orbit with an overpowered pole vaulting (not a euphemism). Jeannie hides, we see some clapping hands and her boyfriend is angry with her for presumably killing him and then presumably following that up by breaking the covenant between life and death and restoring his liquefied corpse into whole flesh, saving him at the cost of creating a world where life and death has no meaning for a lucky, or perhaps unlucky flew. He calls her out so he can explain the gravity of what she has done to a being that has no understanding of mortality, but then she coos "Yes, master." and they both smile. Haha. You so crazy.

Anyway, we end with Jeannie watching Baboo appear riding a camel made up of the words Jeannie. The camel loses its limbs and Baboo fails off and smiles.

Even without the burden of Baboo, no.

Hey, Mark Hamill plays the guy who owns Jeannie. Neat. This makes this the only theme song I know sung by Luke Skywalker. Joe Besser, possibly the worst Stooge, plays Babu (got the spelling wrong there, but yes, he is a genie in training.

His catchphrase is "Yapple Dapple!" because as bad as catchphrases are, they were so much worse in the 70's.

Fan Art

I've seen some other fan art that tried to make Babu green. This is like the 90's Iron Man cartoon when they tried to do the same thing to the Mandarin. Is green-washing a term that's been used, because as brief as it is, it is a weird kind of insidious all it's own.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
"And junior genie Baboo!"
Thank you, old cartoons, for these wonderful gifts.

Quote:
Hey, Mark Hamill plays the guy who owns Jeannie. Neat. This makes this the only theme song I know sung by Luke Skywalker.
I enjoyed this intro 10x as much when I re-watched it with this knowledge.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:47 PM
King Of Space-Time

Oh I remember when they did the crossover with Scooby Doo.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Jana of the Jungle

Fan Art
This started out promising.

That looks an awful lot like Terra from Teen Titans.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:26 PM

Yeah, I think someone just edited an old picture from either that or Ben 10 and made something with it.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:12 AM

Josie and the Pussycats
I remember this one a bit better. It's like Scooby-Doo, except they fight honest to goodness supervillains, which is weird, because they are just musicians while Scooby and the Gang are detectives and the best they can do are shady land deals centered around monster costumes.

It begins with two of the characters cavorting on a stage in a manner I truly enjoy.

They look like they were really enjoying themselves for about a second.

They are pushed off stage by a girl with skunk hair and a similarly coloured cat pulls the curtains to reveal the title band playing, much to skunkheads disappointment, based on her unpleasant visage.

We then get a look at the drum that has the bands name and show's title on it. After a clearer look at the band, skunkhead sticks her head in to make another stinkface at us.

"Josie and the Pussycats
Long tails and ears for hats."

Those are headbands, not hats. But I guess you need a rhyme. And we all know how hard it is to rhyme with "cats".

"Guitars and sharps and flats.
Neat, sweet, a groovy song,
You're invited. Come along."

We see each character playing their instrument (do tamborine's take a lot of skill, because it seems like the other two might be doing the heavier lifting of the trio.

Oh, and I could watch the drummer go to town forever. Hanna Barbera might not have the best animated shows, but sometimes they make some stuff I just find hypnotic.

We then see Josie, the band, the guys and skunkhead in their respective Simon colored boxes, though Josie appears twice, because she has top billing.

We then see skunkhead and this show's version of Shaggy (because each of these shows needs a Fred and a Shaggy for some Goofus and Galant style antics) chasing the band's van down a hill. Also, the way the characters in the van are positioned makes me think that there are no seats in that vehicle. Considering that this is followed up with all of them piled into a motorcycle, road safety is not the first priority for the Pussycats.

"Hurry, hurry!"

We then see the tamborine player and the faux Shaggy in a boat, looking worried about it.

Then we see a full on supervillain. I was not kidding about that.

And check it out, he's about to straight up murder skunkhead by having her suffocate while trapped at the bottom of the ocean in an anchored capsule. This guy is not fucking around.

Warning, parcing out lyrics is not my strong point.

"We could see all of a treasure or maybe France."
I think the first half of this is wrong to some extent, as this is a weird coupling of things to me.

"We could be in India, or the chance,
Thee with something bad guys."

I'm very confident I am incorrect on this one. I used to be more incorrect, as I believed they said "We could be a ninja in Japan." That said, it would make the show better if they band could combine, Voltron-style and become a single ninja.

We then get what looks to be Doctor Octopus but even tubbier looking at something radiating, Not-Shaggy loses his glasses, a creepy plant in a glass dome pulsates and two of the girls get wacky static hair.

"Makes no difference
Everywhere the actions at,
We're involved with this and that."

We then see tamborine girl look surprised, then a robot with four eyes and a clown nose. I won't lie, it looks kind of cool. But I am a sucker for when Hanna Barbera decides to draw robots that aren't good guys.

The dudes claws are the letter C.

Everyone then falls through a door, except Josie, who probably pushed them.

Then we see a big faced dude of indeterminate ethnicity, who is next seen chasing out heroes before being tripped by a cat. The cat then snickers like Muttley because with Frank Welkers output, there's no doubt the dude's going to start repeating himself.

We then see some of them entering a plane, then hanging from a single parachute while being surrounded by parachuting pakages.

"Come along now!
Josie and the Pussycats.
No time for purrs and pats."

I can't not think of that as a euphemism but not time for that, apparently.

"Won't run, when they hear scat."

Which makes me think they are the people at the party who stay way too long even though the host just wants to go to bed. Jerks.

"They're where the plot begins.
C'Mon watch the good guys win.
Josie and the Pussycats
Josie and the Pussycats."

We see the Pussycats playing their instruments and then, for no reason, explode. I am not kidding, they just up and explode. This is followed by Muttley skunkcat snickering, making me think he is responsible for the death of Josie and the Pussycats.

Adding supervillains to the show helps quite a bit, but no, not really.

Valerie, the Tamborine Girl, is the first regularly appearing black character in a children's cartoon. Good for her. She also did not appear in the original comics.

None of the voice actresses provided their own voices.

A children's book was released based on the show...

Valerie is the only one on this cover who seems pretty cool with the robot.

Also...

Fan Art

Someone wisely upgraded Valerie from tamborines to a real instrument.

And this one is just great...

I got to say, the internet surprised me here. There were definitely some "sexy" art around, but nothing super gross that caught my eye.... That's what I said at first. But I knew there had to be something. So I scrolled down pretty far, ready and willing to give up in the knowledge that a cartoon about women in skintight costumes has a surprisingly respectful and only mildly horny fanbase.

Then...

Please don't...

Mildly NSFW but more NSFSoul.

I mean, by internet standards, its pretty tame, but it does make me feel... yuck.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:43 AM
King Of Space-Time

Old 07-25-2017, 10:47 AM
For blood and gold

Quote:
Jackson 5ive
The only thing about the Jackson 5... ive (ugh) is that the band is where Michael Jackson came from and that the Jackon 5's dad was an abusive asshole.
You don't even know their songs? You are missing out. They are legit one of the best musical groups of the 70s.

Also, they often did ABC & I Want You Back as a medley so that's what this theme song is based on.

Quote:
Jana of the Jungle
Both Jackson 5ive and Jana of the Jungle were still in syndication when I was a wee tot (I want to say that Jackson 5ive was in syndication as late as 1987).

Your impression that Jana of the Jungle has some quality is backed up by my five year old self. At that age, it was one of my favorite cartoons - probably tied with Superfriends for my favorite Hanna Barbera cartoon.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
It begins with two of the characters cavorting on a stage in a manner I truly enjoy.

They look like they were really enjoying themselves for about a second.
I can't see this GIF at work, but that had better be those two seconds of those guys dancing on loop, because that shit is delightful.

Quote:
I guess you need a rhyme. And we all know how hard it is to rhyme with "cats".
In their defense, the song that they ended up with here is super catchy.

Quote:
Warning, parcing out lyrics is not my strong point.
It's not mine either, but I'm pretty sure I fared a fair bit better than you here:

Quote:
"We could see all of a treasure or maybe France."
I think the first half of this is wrong to some extent, as this is a weird coupling of things to me.
"See all of Persia, or maybe France."

Quote:
"We could be in India, or the chance,
Thee with something bad guys."

I'm very confident I am incorrect on this one. I used to be more incorrect, as I believed they said "We could be a ninja in Japan." That said, it would make the show better if they band could combine, Voltron-style and become a single ninja.
In your defense, I also distinctly heard ninja the first time through, and it was only hearing it in context with the rest (a list of locations) that I was finally able to tease out:

"We could be in India, or perchance
be with us in Bangkok"

Quote:
A children's book was released based on the show...

Valerie is the only one on this cover who seems pretty cool with the robot.
Valerie absolutely wants to fuck that robot. Also, "The Bag Factory Detour"? Perfect.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Mystery Contraption

Let this be a soothing balm for your Josie and the Pussycats fanart search, Johnny.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Safe Space

Quote:
I got to say, the internet surprised me here. There were definitely some "sexy" art around, but nothing super gross that caught my eye.... That's what I said at first. But I knew there had to be something. So I scrolled down pretty far, ready and willing to give up in the knowledge that a cartoon about women in skintight costumes has a surprisingly respectful and only mildly horny fanbase.
I appreciate that there's a small but devoted group of Alexandra/Melody shippers.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:25 AM

Those last two posts contained the best fan art.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

It seems to me that ladies in this cartoon are giving the Sailor Scouts a run for their money in the leg-showing department.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:20 AM

Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space

Is this the first? The first time someone realized the franchise had nowhere to go but space? Before Hellraiser, Leprechaun, Friday the 13th and Gilligan's Island decided to head to space, Josie did it first. Are alien races going to follow the riders on the Pussycats contracts? Are the roadies robots that still manage to get some runoff trim? Will Alexandra's body be found in a hotel room where she overdosed on Melange?

Lets find out.

In the infinite void, a bunch of little lightning bolts hit something. To my knowledge, this has nothing to do with nothing, so don't worry about it.

We then see a rocket filled with the cast that begins to take off.

"Josie in Outer Space!
Pussycats are on his place!"
This pronoun makes me confident I heard this wrong. Or they are mysterious lyrics designed to make us ask "which place?" and "who is 'his'"?

After they finish taking off, there's an "AWWWWW" from the singers and they continue.

"Off on another chase.
Mars, Stars, the Milky Way
Where they're groovin'
Who can say?"

During this time, the Pussycats find and land on another planet.

I'm guessing that the premise is that the characters are lost in space and are struggling to get home and never, ever do since shows tended not to have series finales back then so the damned of TV will never find salvation.

"Put on your seatbelts!
They could be in orbit in the stars."

Oh, a twin spica situation. Now I want to read that manga. Or the writers don't know what they mean when they say "In orbit in the stars".

"On a spooky planet,
Maybe Mars."

Hold up, you already rhymed stars and Mars. Since this isn't a refrain, I'm calling this a cheat.

Oh, and in the meantime we see they're rocket spinning around, a crazy castle, Josie walking around on a planet and a flying car over a crazy city. This stuff should get me excited but it clearly isn't since I'm just nitpicking mostly competant lyrics.

"There's no way of knowin'
Where they're groovin'
Way above the atmosphere
Tryin' to get back to here."

See, perfectly competant.

Oh, then we see Alan and Valerie at their ships controls and I think in a move I call the "reverse Smithers" Valerie looks white for a shot. But that could just be bad video quality. Your opinion?

Way to whitewash, Hollywood.

"They're rockin' on now!
Josie's on a rocket ride!
Pussycats are by her side!
Bleep bleep is a kooky guy!"

Whoa, you've been holding off on Bleep Bleep until now. But I can see why. This is clearly meant to be the wacky/sidekick and a cute pet but he kind of looks... hideous. Like, from the nightmares of children. First off all, he's clearly a middle-aged space monster. He's balding, has a weak-looking mustache and has put on a few pounds. He's a Danny DeVito from space.

But also he's a cheap, gross hand puppet. Look at his movements and tell me he isn't. I feel like this must be on one of the character's hands and it talks like Tony from the Shining.

"Come along and lead the chase!"

We then see the gang demonstrating how a chase looks, presumable running away from the horror that his Bleep Bleep.

"The Pussycats in Outer Space
The Pussycats in Outer Space.
Yeah."

We then see the title and the Pussycats (in outer space). Without Bleep Bleep, probably because they shot him out of an airlock for fear what he will say when he opens his mouth (my guess is the summons to end the universe.

Morbidly curious to hear what Bleep Bleep sounds like.

Seriously, it's just a hand puppet. That Melody is controlling, apparently. I have a feeling they have a Magic relationship going on.

Bleep can also generate invisible sound waves from his mouth and eyes.

Which cause you to bleed from your ears, nose and eyes, I assume?

Fan Art
This is what the show should have been.

Here's some fan art with Bleep Bleep, who ruins an otherwise good picture by being in it.

Also, I think this is a promotional image rather than fan art, but it manages to make Bleep Bleep look even more unsettling.

Implying that he's human sized is deeply worrying.