The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Set phasers to hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselogic View Post
Dtsund has been very quiet. I can't remember if that is normal of him or not? Doesn't matter I like more participation than he is currently giving.
I'm pretty sure I had a well-established reputation for being pretty quiet back when Mafia was active.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsund View Post
I'm pretty sure I had a well-established reputation for being pretty quiet back when Mafia was active.
You totally did. I remember voting for you a lot because of it.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Yes, let's feast!

End of Turn

Taeryn: 1
Rufferto
Trar: 4
Egarwaen
Falselogic
Johnny Unusual
Gerad

"Brother. Don't listen to them. Come back to me. Stop this." - Captain Cosmic, Conflux #6

Trar is incapacitated. He was Captain Cosmic.

It is now the villain turn. You may not play any cards for the next 48 hours.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Hey, don't forget your night actions. You have about 21 hours left.

Meanwhile

"Hey, what is a Sentinel of the Multiverse, anyway? It looks like it's some kind of comic book?"

I'm so glad you asked! Sentinels of the Multiverse is a card game based on a whole bunch of fictional comic books. Er, that is... most comic books are fiction, but these ones don't exist. The idea is that every player represents one of the heroes in the fictional fictional universe and has a deck of cards that allow them to use their superpowers. The villain is represented by another deck and plays automatically to do mean things to the heroes. The heroes have to defeat the villain before they lose the game.

You can buy the card game in your friendly local game store, but it's much better in app form since the physical game has a lot of bookkeeping that can bog things down.

"Where are these images from? The cards don't have speech bubbles."

Any images that aren't from cards come from the actual existing issue on the Sentinels website. If you are interested in the fluff, that's a good place to start! If you are interested in playing the game, that's a pretty bad place to start, honestly
Old 05-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Sorry, sorry! I got caught up with lawn work and forgot to kick things off. Let's see here... oh, yes.

Bunker has been incapacitated. He was Gerad.

I am still getting night action results out, so hold up a bit for those. If there are no objections, I will keep this phase at 72 hours and reduce the next night phase by 2 to get back on track.

It is now the hero turn. Good luck, Sentinels!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:16 PM
hi there

So let's see here.

I'm not sure what there really is to analyze for Trar's alignment, given his lack of posts. Similarly, it's hard to make judgments on the people voting for him.

Trying to look at Gerad's posts to see if he mentioned anything that someone would want him dead for. I'm not really seeing much, but he *did* comment to not just blindly lynch the quietest people, so I wonder if one of our more active players might be a villain.

Sorry it's not really much to go on. Maybe someone else can see something I missed.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 AM
-ryn

gerad had not noted any suspicions of any player in the game, so we can safely know the mafia were not trying to make us think any particular character is mafia.

I think they were hunting for the inspector. Gerad hadn't been willing to suspect anyone, he even made sure to clarify that did didn't suspect rufferto when it came up. I could see a day 1 inspector not wanting to make any opinions known so you don't have to contradict yourself later. Gerad is also a pretty popular mafia kill choice.

I was actually going to give Gerad a hard time for not coming out swinging at anybody yesterday. Thanks mafia for keeping me from barking up the wrong tree i guess.

Right now, i'm agreeing with Falselogic's comment yesterday disliking turtle or johnny. They are posting a little, but there's not much substance.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Inherently Stealthy

turtle's the only other one who's posted so far today yo.

So, what do we know from yesterday?

1) we had three players who didn't vote - Taeryn, turtle, and dtsund. Two of them - Taeryn and turtle - are first out of the gate on day 2.
2) I was wrong about Trar.
3) I still think we're most likely to find mafia among those that are trying to avoid leaving an early record.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM
hi there

Just want to say, my excuse for not posting at all during the last day of Day 1 is Trails in the Sky 3rd.

Speaking of, good bye for now~
Old 05-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Sorry! Busy weekend! Gerad is dead? Shoot. At least I didn't waste a lot of time this game trying to get him killed?

silver linings.

Shit. I did not realize we had people who didn't vote. If so I would have been hammering people to put down votes. Going forward that is not allowed. It's the only hard fact we have to base decisions on and if you are town and want to win you ABSOLUTELY have to be voting.

So why didn't you three put votes down yesterday? You're not allowed to talk about anything else until you address that issue.

The question is did our mafia hide in those three? That'd be a super ballsy move.

If they didn't then either Egarwaen, Johnny, or Rufferto are our baddie.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
Just want to say, my excuse for not posting at all during the last day of Day 1 is Trails in the Sky 3rd.

Speaking of, good bye for now~
This is bullshit Turtle! If you dont want to play mafia don't sign up for it!

Also explain your lack of vote you turd!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:50 AM
hi there

false are you okay

i'm concerned about the lack of pokemon digimon

you're scaring me
Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Man of Tomorrow Afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post

Right now, i'm agreeing with Falselogic's comment yesterday disliking turtle or johnny. They are posting a little, but there's not much substance.
Wait, I know Falselogic suspected me, but I had no idea that he disliked me. That... that hurts. But yeah, I can see that. I'm pretty gunshy about voting in general and I really didn't have a lot to say on the first day. I don't know a lot about the other players style from past experience.

So here's who didn't vote last turn...
dtsund
aturtledoesbite
Trar

Obviously, Trar just spaced on this or something, but dtsund and turtle should have voted. Unless I missed it. After all, I almost included Taeryn on that list because I think Mogri forgot to include her on the final tally.

dtsund is a big I dunno from me and turtle... was busy with a video game or something.

Is there a recommended strategy for if you think you are going to be busy. Is it better to vote early if you think that voting later will be difficult?
Old 05-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post
Wait, I know Falselogic suspected me, but I had no idea that he disliked me.
I said you had slipped off my radar. That doesn't mean anything other than that I have a small brain or get easily distracted! Also, you're missing Taeyrn from your list.

Taeyrn - don't put words in my mouth! Not only did you NOT vote yesterday now you're trying to use me as cover for your accusations!

Not buying it! I don't like it! It, and you, stink to high heaven!

Taeyrn

I know there isn't much there but it's about all I got right now and that'll have to do until something better comes along!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:20 PM
-ryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
I vote for Trar

As I previously stated, generally its better to go after someone who we think is mafia, but at this point, I'm not suspicious of literally anyone in the game... and given the other votes, I think that's a common feeling. So at that point, we're down to random luck or at least eliminating a player early that isn't going to give us any info to work from later.
as quoted above, i did vote for Trar. Mogri missed it.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

I vote for Mogri!

Who is running this shit show?!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 PM
-ryn

Quote:
Turtle/Johnny as both of them have been active but completely forgettable. Which is a perfect place for Mafia to be.
as quoted above, it appears to me false suspects turtle/Johnny. I don't mean dislike as in dislike you as a person. I mean as in dislike how you're acting. I'll try to be more specific in the future.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Quote:
I vote for Mogri!

Who is running this shit show?!
Old 05-07-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egarwaen View Post
1) we had three players who didn't vote - Taeryn, turtle, and dtsund. Two of them - Taeryn and turtle - are first out of the gate on day 2.
Hm.

Quote:
So why didn't you three put votes down yesterday? You're not allowed to talk about anything else until you address that issue.

The question is did our mafia hide in those three? That'd be a super ballsy move.
Hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post
So here's who didn't vote last turn...
dtsund
aturtledoesbite
Trar

HMMM. Interesting. I would've said these posts indicate nighttime collusion because you all readily agree on this number, despite obvious evidence to the contrary. Almost as if you'd been rehearsing this talking point overnight together. However, you can't all be mafia, so I'm not going to say that.

Literally the only living player who didn't vote is turtle and I have no interest in killing him. I'm actually much more interested in this post:

Quote:
I do, actually, want to go the other way.

I accuse Trar.

If you're not posting or even voting, you're not giving anyone any data. You're keeping yourself in the same state as you were at the start of the first day, which does nothing to help us find the mafia.
I have no comment on the "kill quiet players" strategy. But in retrospect, this post sounds a little too much like Egarwaen knew Trar was going to turn up innocent in advance.

I vote Egarwaen.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufferto View Post
HMMM. Interesting. I would've said these posts indicate nighttime collusion because you all readily agree on this number, despite obvious evidence to the contrary.
Did you miss that Mogri listed the votes incorrectly in his summary of the day?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Did you miss that Mogri listed the votes incorrectly in his summary of the day?
Nope. You're also missing the point. If you look at Johnny's post, he actually catches one of the misses in votes and points out that Taeryn actually had voted, despite still being wrong. He's done independent verification.

However, if you look at Falselogic's post, he uncritically accepts your number as gospel and pushes with it. That indicates that he's not independently reading the thread i.e. collusion, or he's not paying attention.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufferto View Post
Nope.
Thank you for answering that.

You were pretty sure you didn't like Taeryn yesterday. What made you change your mind?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answering that.

You were pretty sure you didn't like Taeryn yesterday. What made you change your mind?
Nothing, really. Yesterday was based on what little information I had available. I give a little more weight to the information I have now based on the night kill and the lynch results.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 PM

That is to say, he's still a suspect, but other people have moved up in priority since then.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Please tell me who am I supposed to trust if not the person running the game.

Because if you know Rufferto that'd be real helpful.

I didnt believe Egarwaen when he posted and then I scrolled back to see this post and I stopped there. Why would I go further?

Really, answer that question for me.

Because I know if I had noticed that MY vote wasn't in the tally. I'd sure let the Moderator know and keep letting him know til they fixed it. And if they didnt fix it the first thing I would do would mention that come Day!

I'm so glad Tyraen and Dtsund voted. Good for them. I still want to know why Turtle didn't. I demand it actually.

Though the fact that he did it alone almost guarantees his is town. Or else the ballsiest mafia player in the world.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:43 AM
-ryn

Regarding Rufferto's theory: I haven't been on the mafia team too many times, but my experience has been that they don't typically work together that openly. I do think hammering on the people who didn't vote is something they would consider. I also agree that Johnny going and catching that I wasn't one of the non-voters does help his case. I also agree that since turtle was the only actual nonvoter (other than Trar, who we know was town) it was probably an honest mistake.

I feel like this attack on non voters is a mafia flub and at least one of Falselogic, Egarwaen, or Johnny is mafia, with a lean toward False and/or Egar.

Since rufferto is voting egar and I don't think rufferto is mafia

I vote for Egarwaen
Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Inherently Stealthy

So, since I've now got two people voting for me...

First off,

I accuse dtsund

Why? Because voted late yesterday and hasn't spoken up yet today. So... Why do I think that makes him suspicious?

Quote:
If you're not posting or even voting, you're not giving anyone any data. You're keeping yourself in the same state as you were at the start of the first day, which does nothing to help us find the mafia.
For exactly the same reason I thought Trar was suspicious - he's not acting like a town player. Town players want to help find mafia; as Gerad noted yesterday, "take no shots and you lose". We're on a clock; the mafia, strictly speaking, aren't. Finding mafia means speaking up, conversing, and interacting with the game. Establishing a record and a pattern. If you're not doing that, you're making our job harder, and who wants to make our job harder? The mafia.

I find aturtledoesbite suspicious for similar reasons; he didn't vote at all yesterday and has only spoken up today to say basically "We know nothing bye".

I'd love to vote for both of them!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:18 AM
hi there

so...no one's entertaining the possibility of one or both of the mafia making a 'me too' vote on literally the easiest lynch? k.

anywho, let's see here.

i still don't like taeryn's posts, and i still don't know why. maybe it's just his posting style, shrug. i'm not gonna make a case for him right now, but at the same time, i wouldn't mind if someone else did.

good to see i can count on egarwaen to always have that knife at my throat because i don't post that much. but seriously, buddy, pal. We only have one more mistake left. after your "vote for least poster" heuristic failed the first day, that should've been a prime reason for you to reconsider your stance.

false are you okay? you're being waaaaay too serious. are you sure you aren't trying to hide something?

rufferto, you're probably putting a little too much stock in that 'three non-voters' thing. because, yeah, according to mogri's end-of-day post, there are (if you don't count trar i guess), which, y'know, is fair for people to assume things off of.

dtsund, gonna post today? yes? no? maybe?

johnny seems cool. i like him. keep bein' unusual.

if i have to vote for someone right now, then...

Falselogic

seems like my best choice right now.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Taeryn: 1
Falselogic
Egarwaen: 2
Rufferto
Taeryn
dtsund: 1
Egarwaen
Falselogic: 1
aturtledoesbite
About 24 hours left.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Turtle - Remember when we talked in the other thread about getting rid of the meta game?

You should do that. I'm earnestly trying to play this game and instead of playing the game in front of you or you want to keep bringing up pokemon and expect me to be the flippant jerk I was in previous games.

I was that flippant jerk in those other games because I wasn't allowed to play otherwise. If I ever deviated from that persona I was immediately punished and lynched for it. Regardless of my affiliation.

That problem is one of the reasons Mafia died.

I'm trying to reboot the series here but the only way that can happen is if we kill the meta game.

Please do that.

I do want to know why you didnt vote. I'd also like to know why Mogri missed so much. GM complications seem to have created a bigger problem than anything else in the game has.

Why can't you just say why you didn't vote? I dont even think you're mafia at this point! You've brought way too much attention to yourself.

Now to the game:

I know I'm clean and I think Turtle probably is. But the rest is a WIFOM mess.

Do I think the mafia would put on an outlier vote? Like Rufferto did? I don't as Turtle said its too easy to join the bandwagon.

So that leaves Johnny, Dtsund, Tyraen, and Egaerwen.

If I was mafia and no one was coming after me do I lay low and hope I can unnoticed or do I try and take control of town?

If the former the mafia is dtsund, johnny, or tyraen. If the latter its Egarwean.

So did our Mafia go out on a limb (Rufferto or Turtle), Lay low (dtsund, johnny, tyraen) or try to take control (Egarwaen?)

WIFOM

I'd almost ask the Investigator to reveal but it is too soon and they dont know enough. I just have to hope they live through today and tomorrow and then can build a vote block.

So Im not going to ask.

If I had to pick a lay low I'd have to go with Johnny. Just a feeling.

If I had to pick an out on the limb it'd be Rufferto.

If I had to pick a take command it'd be Egarwaen. And it looks like that is where some are already headed. (I know this argument could be used against me but I know I'm town so I'm not going to consider myself)

I don't want to add one there yet. This game doesn't have an auto-lynch, right?

We have some time so let's try and work this out.