The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 02-15-2017, 03:07 PM
hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelbel View Post
The only rewards for these quests are the badges you get from high stratum training maps, which are only used in 4*->5* promotion; unless you're whaling hundreds of orbs per week for dozens of units to send home for feathers (the only way to get a large amount of feathers quickly), you will definitely have WAY more of these badges than you need to promote anyone by the time you scrape together the 20k feathers needed for the promotion.

Since the quest rewards are worthless, the fact that the quests rewarding them require gatcha-only units is completely meaningless, unless you're being a completionist (and lmfao @ being a completionist in a gatcha).
The issue, though, is that you have to complete *all* Normal quests before starting on Hard quests, which will have more orbs to earn.

However, the news notice did suggest there will be special maps with the new heroes, so maybe it'll be possible to get 2* versions of them in the coming days?
Old 02-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
The issue, though, is that you have to complete *all* Normal quests before starting on Hard quests, which will have more orbs to earn.

However, the news notice did suggest there will be special maps with the new heroes, so maybe it'll be possible to get 2* versions of them in the coming days?
The Family Bonds (paralogue) quests appear to be the exception to this rule; the questline available from the start has both Normal and Hard difficulty quests covered, and (unlike the three other quest catagories) the quest category difficulty level isn't listed at the top. So I don't think that applies for these quests, and the new units can be safely ignored without missing out on anything good from quest rewards. Which is good, because they're mostly shit.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 PM
..and his little cat, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
You can back out of the draw at any time. You just don't press the continue button.

Once you start, you HAVE to spend that first 5 orbs on one sphere, though. Once you spend that one, you can bounce.
Oh, it wouldn't let me earlier. Even after I quit the app, they put me right back there.

Anyway, I don't know. If there was a faster way of getting orbs, I might keep on, but with all the other stuff I've got to play, it feels like too much of a time/money investment for what little I'm trying to get out of this thing.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Objection!

Maybe the tutorial one is locked to the full pull, but it says multiple times in the app around how you summon heroes that you can bounce at any time, without needing to pay the full 20. It's right there, next to the button you press to summon again, so if it's not there during the tutorial then it is there when you pull normally.

To me, it feels that they've been giving out orbs pretty quickly so far. I mean, one per story stage is pretty good, then there's a bunch nestled throughout the quests, 3 each on the launch celebration maps, 1 each on the banner paralogues, all those plus the various difficulty levels, 2 per day for logging in with an extra 1 on the weekend...

But the rate is going to always be mainly a personal feel thing. So far I've been getting orbs at about the rate I feel is appropriate, even after I spend a full pull's worth on upgrading the castle for max XP gains. If you don't feel so, then it's fine to give it a try and put it down.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:32 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Quote:
and yeah they all suck so probably nobody's bothered leveling them
*raises hand* Though Subaki has just not been good at all. Everyone else I can at least figure out a place for, but not him.

So tomorrow I'll have enough crests to get Anna to 4*, but so far Sharena and Alfonse are both pretty solid at 4*. Since I've only done 3 full pulls so far, the only unit I really have worth upgrading to 5* outside of the starters is Chrom.

I just don't see much value out of pulling hard on these initial banners because honestly what kind of content are you trying to clear that requires the best units? The difference between the best Arena reward and a few notches below that is like 300 feathers, which doesn't require a super awesome to reach. So then the only other thing are Lunatic fights...which just give you more orbs to spend on units. There's always such a rush in these games to get to "the end" but this game in particular feels like the end game content doesn't exist or just is not compelling to me at all. I suppose the Lunatic Paralogue fights can count for this because those are time limited and you need strong enough units to clear those for orbs?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
*raises hand* Though Subaki has just not been good at all. Everyone else I can at least figure out a place for, but not him.

So tomorrow I'll have enough crests to get Anna to 4*, but so far Sharena and Alfonse are both pretty solid at 4*. Since I've only done 3 full pulls so far, the only unit I really have worth upgrading to 5* outside of the starters is Chrom.

I just don't see much value out of pulling hard on these initial banners because honestly what kind of content are you trying to clear that requires the best units? The difference between the best Arena reward and a few notches below that is like 300 feathers, which doesn't require a super awesome to reach. So then the only other thing are Lunatic fights...which just give you more orbs to spend on units. There's always such a rush in these games to get to "the end" but this game in particular feels like the end game content doesn't exist or just is not compelling to me at all. I suppose the Lunatic Paralogue fights can count for this because those are time limited and you need strong enough units to clear those for orbs?
Sharena's fantastic (I mentioned this earlier, she's way better than Ephraim on the current banner) and absolutely worth upgrading even to 5*, easy to fit into almost any team.

I haven't heard anything about Alfonse; at a glance, he looks like a worse version of almost any of the red lords that have flooded the three banners we've had so far. Decent skills. Looks kinda slow, which is a dealbreaker for a front line melee unit. I don't think he's worth the 2k feathers to upgrade to 4*, unless you haven't drawn anyone better. The wiki has him (and most of the other non-gatcha units, except for Cecilia, Felicia, Elise, and everyone's favorite Olivia) in the bottom tier, and that sounds right to me.

Both of them are starter units, though, not one of the 1*-2* daily special quests I was referring to there.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Sega CD version is better

Continuing my streak of 5-star pulls of characters I don't give two shits about, but are broke the fuck off is my new Ephraim, who is still 6 or 7 levels behind the rest of the my current (two other 5 stars and one 4 star) lineup, and probably more badass than at least two of them.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Sharena's fantastic (I mentioned this earlier, she's way better than Ephraim on the current banner) and absolutely worth upgrading even to 5*, easy to fit into almost any team.

I haven't heard anything about Alfonse; at a glance, he looks like a worse version of almost any of the red lords that have flooded the three banners we've had so far. Decent skills. Looks kinda slow, which is a dealbreaker for a front line melee unit. I don't think he's worth the 2k feathers to upgrade to 4*, unless you haven't drawn anyone better. The wiki has him (and most of the other non-gatcha units, except for Cecilia, Felicia, Elise, and everyone's favorite Olivia) in the bottom tier, and that sounds right to me.

Both of them are starter units, though, not one of the 1*-2* daily special quests I was referring to there.
Oh yeah, well, as for the daily rotated heroes: Gunter has been pretty solid for me so far; even at 2* he was hitting pretty high above his weight class for me. And I have some hope for Sophia since she just hits really hard but can't do anything else. I didn't know Cecilia was supposed to be good...I've been trying to bring her up to 3* but it's been uphill the entire time. I'm liking Matthew way more than Felicia, but she's also been very useful too.

I am still trying to be in this game for the long haul. My game plan really is to have a varied army of mostly 4* units. If that's 12 free heroes, plus the 4 you get at the start (Matthew's a starter unit right?), then that's 2200 x 16 feathers, or basically 1.6 5* upgrades. That really doesn't seem like much of a set back in the grand scheme of things. I am assuming it will eventually be easier to get feathers at some point but even still, it's fine with me.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 PM
hi there

Quote:
I didn't know Cecilia was supposed to be good...I've been trying to bring her up to 3* but it's been uphill the entire time.
The thing with Cecilia is that she's not really that great until she picks up her 4* weapon, Gronnraven, which gives her WTA against grey units.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:58 PM

Oh, OK, you can actually do all the special unit paralogue quests without pulls. I think I just overlooked the starter guys since I sort by rarity and the game itself slides them way down the unit list.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Oh yeah, well, as for the daily rotated heroes: Gunter has been pretty solid for me so far; even at 2* he was hitting pretty high above his weight class for me. And I have some hope for Sophia since she just hits really hard but can't do anything else. I didn't know Cecilia was supposed to be good...I've been trying to bring her up to 3* but it's been uphill the entire time. I'm liking Matthew way more than Felicia, but she's also been very useful too.
Oh yeah, Gunter's also in the "non-gatcha and not-lowest-tier" list, I missed him. My 4* Gunter was a gamechanger after I switched him in to replace my "tickles everything four times then gets one-shot" -ATK 4* Camilla.

At a quick glance, Sophia's got a couple things going against her; she's red, when most threats aren't green due to the three focus banners so far being so heavily red-shifted, and while she does hit hard, and she's SLOW, she'll get two-shot by everything and won't two-shot anything, while not hitting hard enough to one-shot anything. Skillset's pretty mediocre too. I think the bottom tier placement for her is right, although she may still be worth leveling if you're starved for mages/ranged DPS.

Cecilia's grey WTA makes her like a bargain bin Robin with crazy movement. That sounds great, so I imagine the reason she's not higher on the tier list is mostly due to her crappy SPD.

At first glance, Felicia doesn't look much more impressive than Matthew, they both look pretty bad to me. If I had to guess, I'd say the tier list folks value Felicia's Breath of Life (heal adjacent allies after attack, especially nice on ranged units that tend to be adjacent to more allies than melee units) higher than Matthew's Hone SPD (which is nice, but much more common than Breath of Life). Felicia looks a little better at tackling mages due to higher RES. Doesn't look like a huge difference either way to me, anyway.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, Gunter's also in the "non-gatcha and not-lowest-tier" list, I missed him. My 4* Gunter was a gamechanger after I switched him in to replace my "tickles everything four times then gets one-shot" -ATK 4* Camilla.

At a quick glance, Sophia's got a couple things going against her; she's red, when most threats aren't green due to the three focus banners so far being so heavily red-shifted, and while she does hit hard, and she's SLOW, she'll get two-shot by everything and won't two-shot anything, while not hitting hard enough to one-shot anything. Skillset's pretty mediocre too. I think the bottom tier placement for her is right, although she may still be worth leveling if you're starved for mages/ranged DPS.

Cecilia's grey WTA makes her like a bargain bin Robin with crazy movement. That sounds great, so I imagine the reason she's not higher on the tier list is mostly due to her crappy SPD.

At first glance, Felicia doesn't look much more impressive than Matthew, they both look pretty bad to me. If I had to guess, I'd say the tier list folks value Felicia's Breath of Life (heal adjacent allies after attack, especially nice on ranged units that tend to be adjacent to more allies than melee units) higher than Matthew's Hone SPD (which is nice, but much more common than Breath of Life). Felicia looks a little better at tackling mages due to higher RES. Doesn't look like a huge difference either way to me, anyway.
Matthew is for opening up and weakening Knights since his poison dagger skill doesn't care what a unit's DEF is, and Felicia is the mage killer, yeah.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
I am still trying to be in this game for the long haul. My game plan really is to have a varied army of mostly 4* units. If that's 12 free heroes, plus the 4 you get at the start (Matthew's a starter unit right?), then that's 2200 x 16 feathers, or basically 1.6 5* upgrades. That really doesn't seem like much of a set back in the grand scheme of things. I am assuming it will eventually be easier to get feathers at some point but even still, it's fine with me.
This sounds like a really good approach to me; I'm currently stalled at the last few Lunatic story quests, because while I have a decent 4*-5* team for general use, every team has its weaknesses, and the last few Lunatic story quests happen to exploit my team's weaknesses hard. For example, when faced with a lv40 blue high RES mage, I'll gladly take a 4* green high RES phys attacker over any 5* of any other color, defense type, or offense type.

The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced that your way is definitely the way it's meant to be played. Feathers are much better spent upgrading good 3* units to 4* and getting good coverage, rather than saving up 20k to upgrade one specific 4* to 5* which may serve you well in the arena (until the meta changes, and the meta changes rapidly) but will have very limited usage against the variety of threats in high level PvE.

And as a nice bonus, your approach is much less gatcha-reliant, since it makes great use of a whole bunch of non-gatcha units which may not be worth upgrading to 5*, and may not be very useful in high level arena, but it takes forever to upgrade to 5* and high level arena is silly, and several of those 4* non-gatcha units are really good.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Matthew is for opening up and weakening Knights since his poison dagger skill doesn't care what a unit's DEF is, and Felicia is the mage killer, yeah.
This made me double-take, because poison dagger is FANTASTIC, and basically the sole reason Kagero is S tier; it gives advantage (like falchion vs. dragons, or armor breakers vs. armored units, or bows vs. fliers) against ALL INFANTRY, and almost everything you run into (especially in the arena) is infantry.

Unless the wiki's wrong, Matthew gets Rogue Dagger, not Poison Dagger; Rogue Dagger inflicts the def/res-3 for one turn debuff (which opens up high def/res units for a follow-up kill, like you said) but doesn't have the advantage. That's still pretty decent, but a far cry from the meta-destroyer that is Poison Dagger.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
This made me double-take, because poison dagger is FANTASTIC, and basically the sole reason Kagero is S tier; it gives advantage (like falchion vs. dragons, or armor breakers vs. armored units, or bows vs. fliers) against ALL INFANTRY, and almost everything you run into (especially in the arena) is infantry.

Unless the wiki's wrong, Matthew gets Rogue Dagger, not Poison Dagger; Rogue Dagger inflicts the def/res-3 for one turn debuff (which opens up high def/res units for a follow-up kill, like you said) but doesn't have the advantage. That's still pretty decent, but a far cry from the meta-destroyer that is Poison Dagger.
No I meant the passive skill, I thought it's called Poison Dagger. The one that does a flat amount of damage after a unit initiates combat.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Mad Overlord

I realized that even though the calculator app is missing a ton of data, this wiki is getting filled out nicely, and it's pretty easy to compare starting stats for any star level and see whether each stat is on the high, medium, or low paths. http://feheroes.wiki/Hero_List

So that let me fill in some of my 4*s that were missing data and 3*s that I had gotten up to 20 to consider promoting. And I also did two more full pulls on the new banner -- no 5*, but a couple 4* with slightly better stat luck:

4*
Draug (+RES -DEF)
Fir (either neutral or +HP -RES)
Raigh (+HP -ATK)
Donnel (+ATK -HP)
Arthur (+HP -DEF?)
Cecilia (+ATK -HP)
Gordin (+SPD -RES)
Gordin (+RES -HP)
Serra (+HP -SPD)

3*
Eliwood (+DEF +RES -ATK -SPD)
Gwendolyn (+ATK -DEF)
Gunter (+HP -RES)
Gunter (Neutral)
Jagen (+ATK -SPD)
Jagen (+SPD -DEF)
Setsuna (+ATK -DEF)

Toying with the idea of promoting Eliwood, Gunter, and Jagen to 4* and running an all-cavalry team. They all have big cavalry passive bonuses, so if I ran them with Cecilia she could have +6 ATK/SPD, +10 DEF/RES.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
No I meant the passive skill, I thought it's called Poison Dagger. The one that does a flat amount of damage after a unit initiates combat.
Ah, yeah. The wiki calls that Poison Strike. It's nice, but hardly the one hit kill machine that Poison Dagger is.

At second glance, Felicia looks like a really nice mage killer; colorless, with a whopping 42 RES at 5* lv40, most mages will barely scratch her, and while she doesn't hit very hard, most mages have shit DEF (Robin being the odd one out there). I imagine combat with her going something like: Felicia steps in a mage's range, mage approaches and pings her for single digits, Felicia counters for a nice chunk of damage, inflicts a -7 DEF/RES debuff in the process, then kills them on the next turn, and then one-shot the next mage since the ability's charged, healing surrounding allies with each hit. Sort of a mobile party support slash mage slayer. And with very respectable speed, she'll be double hitting most of those mages as well. Like all good units, she's got a set of skills that work very well with each other, and great stats to make use of those skills. With a measly 34HP and 18DEF, you've got to make sure to keep her the hell away from archers, and don't even think about any physical unit ever coming remotely close.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Maybe the tutorial one is locked to the full pull, but it says multiple times in the app around how you summon heroes that you can bounce at any time, without needing to pay the full 20. It's right there, next to the button you press to summon again, so if it's not there during the tutorial then it is there when you pull normally.

To me, it feels that they've been giving out orbs pretty quickly so far. I mean, one per story stage is pretty good, then there's a bunch nestled throughout the quests, 3 each on the launch celebration maps, 1 each on the banner paralogues, all those plus the various difficulty levels, 2 per day for logging in with an extra 1 on the weekend...

But the rate is going to always be mainly a personal feel thing. So far I've been getting orbs at about the rate I feel is appropriate, even after I spend a full pull's worth on upgrading the castle for max XP gains. If you don't feel so, then it's fine to give it a try and put it down.
Oh, you can get them on maps, too? Are there any indicators?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:31 PM
hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD_Nytetrayn View Post
Every single story and paralogue map grants one orb for a first-time clear. Each difficulty is tracked separately, which means that, if you completed all the story/paralogue maps currently available on all difficulties, you could get 144 orbs.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraeg View Post
I realized that even though the calculator app is missing a ton of data, this wiki is getting filled out nicely, and it's pretty easy to compare starting stats for any star level and see whether each stat is on the high, medium, or low paths. http://feheroes.wiki/Hero_List

So that let me fill in some of my 4*s that were missing data and 3*s that I had gotten up to 20 to consider promoting. And I also did two more full pulls on the new banner -- no 5*, but a couple 4* with slightly better stat luck:

4*
Draug (+RES -DEF)
Fir (either neutral or +HP -RES)
Raigh (+HP -ATK)
Donnel (+ATK -HP)
Arthur (+HP -DEF?)
Cecilia (+ATK -HP)
Gordin (+SPD -RES)
Gordin (+RES -HP)
Serra (+HP -SPD)

3*
Eliwood (+DEF +RES -ATK -SPD)
Gwendolyn (+ATK -DEF)
Gunter (+HP -RES)
Gunter (Neutral)
Jagen (+ATK -SPD)
Jagen (+SPD -DEF)
Setsuna (+ATK -DEF)

Toying with the idea of promoting Eliwood, Gunter, and Jagen to 4* and running an all-cavalry team. They all have big cavalry passive bonuses, so if I ran them with Cecilia she could have +6 ATK/SPD, +10 DEF/RES.
After talking earlier about all the non-gatcha units, I did some wiki research myself. I'm curious what kind of coverage you get by exclusively leveling the non-gatcha (daily or given) units that the wiki lists as not bottom tier; with an idea of what kind of coverage everybody can get for free, you'll be better informed regarding which focus banners are more worthwhile to pull on. And with that, I threw together something similar to your list above, except with each free unit, their attack type, their defense type (more DEF, more RES, or even, which helps determine weakness/counters), and any special traits. And here it is:

olivia: red phys DEF -RES (dancer)
sharena: blue phys DEF RES
gunter: green phys +DEF RES (cavalry)
cecilia: green mag DEF +RES (cavalry) (advantage against colorless)
elise: healer -DEF +RES (cavalry)
felicia: dagger -DEF +RES

Olivia doesn't really count for red DPS, and she's the only red damage there, so it's fortunate that we've been flooded with red focus heroes (in fact, that looks intentional given that list).

That's solid blue and green physical damage covered. Red and blue magical damage is missing, so those are worth pulling for.

Still, I think you could do a hell of a lot worse than a party of, say, olivia/sharena/(cecilia or gunter depending on whether you're up against high DEF or high RES enemies, respectively)/(elise or felicia).

But of course, it's worth considering which non-bottom-tier gatcha units you've drawn when getting a general picture of your coverage and what you should pull for. So I went ahead and did that for the non-bottom-tier units I've drawn at 3* or higher:

lucina: red phys DEF -RES (falchion)
lyn: red phys DEF RES
eliwood: red phys DEF +RES (cavalry, anti-axe/anti-mage?)
azura: blue phys DEF RES (dancer)
sully: blue phys DEF RES (cavalry, anti-sword)
camilla: green phys DEF RES (flier)
robin: blue mag DEF -RES (advantage against colorless)
nino: green mag -DEF RES
lilina: red mag -DEF RES
corrinF: blue beast +DEF RES
serra: healer -DEF +RES

That coverage looks pretty good all things considered. Combined with the free units, that's four red phys, three blue phys, two green phys, one blue mag, one red mag, two green mag, one blue dragon, two healers, and a dagger. No archers!

From there I can put together different parties; going up against a bunch of physical units? Robin and CorrinF are somewhat redundant, but either is perfect for the role, offering magic damage (exploiting most physical units low DEF) and high DEF (protecting against counters). Going up against mages? Felicia, Eliwood, Azura all offer physical damage with good RES.

Looking at the above, I think the biggest gaps in my coverage are no good archers, and no good armored units. Hector, Effie, or Takumi would be amazing pulls. But (now that I've drawn Nino, making Julia redundant, and arguably Cecilia makes Julia somewhat redundant in the first place) the current banner fills no gaps in coverage, so it's much better to save the orbs for now.

I expect I'll have almost all of the units listed above upgraded to 4* before I upgrade any of them to 5*; since each of them have specific cases where they're better at 4* than any of my units would be at 5*, that definitely seems like the way to go.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:57 PM
Infinity Squared!

I guess I'll post to say that I got a new phone earlier this week and started playing this game. Friend code is 1976 444 198 if we're doing that kind of thing.

The game's been fine for me so far. I don't have much time for gaming in general these days, so I've not had any trouble with stamina at all. I guess it's also helped that I've gotten pretty lucky with my two full-pulls so far. One pull got me 5* Corrin (M), 5* Ogma, and 4* Camilla, while the other pull got me 5* Seliph and 4* Roy. (Also three other 4* overall; only two 3* draws.) Still no 3* or better colorless units though, which is annoying. And I do wish I had a bit more diversity in my 5* selection. But really, I shouldn't be complaining, considering I've been hitting well above expectation in terms of rarities.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD_Nytetrayn View Post
When you tap to select the map, it tells you what the rewards are.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Mystery Contraption

My last pull gave me a five-star Chrom and Tharja.

Bad news is that now all my best characters are Red type.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
My last pull gave me a five-star Chrom and Tharja.

Bad news is that now all my best characters are Red type.
Sharena (blue spear)/Cecilia (green mounted mage)/Felicia (grey anti-mage dagger) (along with the other good non-gatcha units I listed earlier) are all great non-gatcha units that would complement your five-stars well even if you leave them at 4*, they're quick and easy to level to 20 twice to promote them to 4*, and you should have more than enough feathers to get them all to 4*.

Maybe go with Gunter instead of Cecilia so you aren't too mage-heavy. Or level both so you can make two parties, Chrom/Cecilia/Sharena/Felicia and Tharja/Gunter/Sharena/Felicia. Just a couple ideas there.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
Every single story and paralogue map grants one orb for a first-time clear. Each difficulty is tracked separately, which means that, if you completed all the story/paralogue maps currently available on all difficulties, you could get 144 orbs.
Quote:
When you tap to select the map, it tells you what the rewards are.
Oh, okay, I thought we were talking in addition to just clearing the maps, like breaking a wall and finding one or something.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:19 AM
Good Bee

Nino, once again, doing her best. The buff stacking in this one is insane; Eirika gives +3 ATK, +4 SPD. Azura gives +4 RES. Sharena gives +4 DEF, and overwrites Eirika's +3 ATK with her own +4 ATK. (Kind of inefficient there, but having two sources of +ATK gives a little flexibility). Nino's Gronnblade adds every one of her buffs to attack, so she gets +4 ATK from the ATK buff itself, then an additional +16 ATK from the ATK/DEF/RES/SPD buffs thanks to her weapon ability, for a total of +20 ATK and +4 SPD (on top of his +SPD Nino's 46 ATK and 39 SPD).

Not much in this game can resist 66 ATK plus 43 SPD turning all of those nukes into doubles, regardless of color, HP, or RES; she then stays put and one-shots everything as they walk into the slaughter, getting danced back into the buff recharge station after every kill. Totally brutal, and a delightful demonstration of the power of "Adds total bonuses on unit to damage dealt" weapons (Tharja and Odin have them as well, maybe others I'm forgetting? None are nearly as good as Nino, of course) and buff teams in this game.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 AM

So it's a good thing I took that 3* Nino I got and upgraded her to 4*, then. Same with Olivia, actually.

I'm also leveling Sakura, but that's more like I have a way higher level target to bait enemies into Nino and Olivia's range, and heal them.

edit: finally bothered to look for my friend ID, it's 3417472890.

Last edited by Bunk Moreland; 02-17-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 AM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
So it's a good thing I took that 3* Nino I got and upgraded her to 4*, then. Same with Olivia, actually.

I'm also leveling Sakura, but that's more like I have a way higher level target to bait enemies into Nino and Olivia's range, and heal them.
Yep. I'm doing the exact same thing; upgraded Nino/Olivia/Robin to 4* and am currently leveling them with my old 5* Sakura as a ringer. They're all in the 4* mid 30s now, at which point leveling slows way down, and I'm spending a lot of stamina on the 1 stamina maps to reroll the stratums until a favorable level + type distribution pops up (since it's way cheaper to do it that way than to waste 9 stamina on a wipe or a nonprofitable run). So I started leveling a second party of Azama, Sharena, Felicia, and CorrinF in order to make use of those reroll runs; when a good mid 30s map is up, I run it to level Nino/Olivia/Robin, otherwise I run the cheap maps to level Azama/Sharena/Felicia/CorrinF to reroll until a good map shows up. It's working pretty well, and I'm really enjoying all of the units I'm leveling.

Since my primary leveling party has all of its DPS in mages (Olivia barely counts), I tend to reroll for maps with few mages, since mages tend to have high RES making them not ideal targets for Nino and horrible targets for Robin (who has mediocre ATK and shit RES; his specialty is killing physical units, not mages). Of course, while a map's icons tells you the color and phys/mage/dragon/healer/archer/dagger status ahead of time (which is great information to have!), it unfortunately doesn't tell you whether the phys unit you're up against is cavalry, foot soldier, armored, or (crucially for my party) flier; fliers tend to have high phys ATK and high RES, making them the worst possible opponents for Nino's mag ATK and low DEF; if I'm thrown at a map with more than two fliers, especially ones Olivia can't handle, it's usually a wipe. Other than that, leveling's going pretty well.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:25 AM
Good Bee

By the way, just correcting something I said a while ago in case anyone remembers, because it turned out to be complete bullshit:

Quote:
Healers become a liability, unfortunately, for two reasons: one, anything that hits hard enough to matter will one-shot you, making healing worthless, and two, the EXP gained by healing scales REALLY poorly around level 30; a lv30 healer can heal three entire teams all the way from 1 to 40 before reaching 40 herself. Plus, healers get one-shot by everything.
The one-shot issue is a problem, yes, but not nearly as much as I thought. My healers often make the difference between life and death in situations where I don't have any better options available; I've found them very handy for high level play, and FANTASTIC for leveling up low level units.

If you draw him (and I did), Azama's particularly good at bringing up newbies; his low ATK is unlikely to kill anything with even the tiniest bit of RES, his Pain skill has low MT (making it even less likely he'll kill to steal EXP) and a guaranteed follow-up 10 damage which can't reduce enemy HP below 1, he's got an ATK-4 AoE debuff making it less likely enemies will kill your newbies, and his ability raises your whole party's DEF by 4 every other time he heals. All that on top of one of the best heals in the game. That is an amazing skillset to have when you're trying to throw low level units against much higher level enemies to get a ton of EXP quick. Even without Azama though, healers usually come with some great buffs and debuffs which make them great to have for leveling newbies.

The part about healing EXP slowing way down and being able to "heal three entire teams all the way from 1 to 40 before reaching 40 yourself" was totally wrong; my Sakura reached lv40 at just about exactly the same time as the rest of my first party to 40 did. Healing EXP slows down, but so does combat EXP, and while healing provides less EXP than a kill, you're given way more opportunities to heal than you are to kill, so all those little heal EXP blips add up quick. Whoever said that was either totally off base, or is way better than I am at having their low 30s units reliably kill lv40 units without wasting stamina on wipes; I tend to stick to stratum 8, as my own leveling parties (and skill at using those parties well) tend to die often on stratum 9, and die almost every time above that.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 AM
Objection!

50% bonus XP event going on right now, for those who want to boos up their heroes.

I also did one more pull on the new banner and got 5* Julia and 4* Nowi. Then I did some checking on IVs on the units I want to spend time on, and it kind of seems like...

- +HP/-Spd Nino and neutral Nino
- Neutral FCorrin
- +HP/-Def MCorrin
- +Atk/Spd or neutral Donnel. His page doesn't seem to have enough info yet.
- +Res/-Def Julia
- +Spd/-Res Eirika
- +HP/-Def Nowi
- Neutral Florina
- +Atk/-HP Fae
- +Atk/-??? Setsuna. Her page is missing some details.
- +Spd/-Def Olivia
- +Atk/-Res Azama (lol)

I still don't have Camilla and Lucina at L40 yet, so I no longer know what path they're on, but at L32 Camilla has a statline of 33 HP/34 Atk/26 Spd/24 Def/23 Res, so it's looking like she might be -Res. Meanwhile Lucina at L32 is 38 HP/43 Atk/31 Spd/22 Def/15 Res, so it's possible that she's -Atk.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a god and pray , waifu wars